- This event has passed.
WelshotRewards Day – Three Lighthouse Challenge
Sat, July 14, 2018 @ 10:30 am - 9:30 pm£180.00
you will learn
- How to use your camera settings and functions
- How to do landscape/seascape photography
- How to compose an image
- How to use a tripod
- How to capture a sunset
- How to make a long exposure
- How to photograph using low-light
- How to follow a brief – a challenge for those that would like it.
- How to think creatively
- What Welshot can do for you and your photography
- 10.30am – Meet Penmon
- 10.35 – Photography starts
- 12.30 – Lunch in Menai Bridge (not included)
- 1:30pm – Photography resumes – Depending on tides/weather it will either be South Stack or Llanddwyyn Island
- After Sunset – Finish
- Camera and lenses suitable for this event
- Spare batteries and memory card
- Tripod – Remote cable release
- A list of ideas, help, questions etc that you would like to discuss with those in your group
- Appropriate Outdoor/Wet Weather clothing as you WILL be outside all day
what will happen
It is a bit of a challenge for Today’s WelshotReward Day – We are going to capture the three main lighthouses on Anglesey – Penmon, Llanddwyn Island and South Stack. This will be a day of landscape, seascapes, macro and nature photography, make sure you bring your filters if you’d like to give long exposures a shot. The aim is to be out all day and capture a stunning sunset at either South Stack or Llanddwyn Island – depending on the tides and weather conditions.
Perfect for the complete beginner – we will guide, support and help you every step of the way and you will get plenty of tuition – group and one to one.
So, charge your battery, grab your camera and come join us for some fun, laughter and photography at the beach.
Image Credit: Richard Langton-Davies
What are Welshot Rewards?
WelshotReward Days are something a little bit different – not like your normal “Rewards Scheme” Welshot rewards Academy Members for “Doing Stuff” rather than spending money. This we believe makes it fair for Everyone – all Members have the same opportunity and are on a level playing field and earning points does not come down to how much money you spend. From writing a blog, entering a forum challenge, supplying us with an image from a Welshot event or just even because we feel like rewarding our Members (800 WelshotRewards were given to EVERY Member to celebrate our 8th Birthday) – it is really easy to let those WelshotRewards build up.
Then all you have to do is decide how you are going to spend them – from now on specifically designed WelshotReward Days can be purchased from the website – no money changes hands (please see any special T’s & C’s specific to each event) and WelshotRewards are deducted from your account automatically.
More information can be found here: https://www.welshotimaging.co.uk/welshot-reward-days/
To learn what your points are worth, please read this forum post: What are my points worth.