- This event has passed.
WelshotRewards Day – Historic Car Racing – Action Photography
Saturday 13 July 2019 @ 10:00 am – 5:30 pm
YOU WILL LEARN
- How to use your camera settings and functions
- How to pan in camera to capture fast moving subjects
- How to use your shutter speeds to effectively stop action
- How to build a story through your photography
- Detail images of the cars in the Paddock while being prepped for racing
- What Welshot can do for you and your photography
- 10.00am – Meet at the Paddock Restaurant for a briefing and handouts given out
- 10.30am – Paddock walkabout. viewing the cars close up
- 11.30am – Panning tuition
- 12:30pm – Lunch in the Paddock Restaurant (not included)
- 1.30pm – Photography resumes
- 3.30pm – Refreshments over a review of images, Q&A – then back out for more photography
- 5.30pm – Finish
- DSLR/CSC Camera
- Any long lenses – (70-200 or 75-300mm)
- Short zoom lens (18-55mm)
- Lenses you feel comfortable which you feel are suitable for this event
- Spare batteries and memory card
- Monopod if you have one
- A list of ideas, help, questions etc that you would like to discuss with those in your group
- Appropriate Outdoor/Wet Weather clothing as you WILL be outside all day
- Entrance fee – £12 which is payable on the gate at entry
WHAT WILL HAPPEN
Have you ever thought of photographing historic/classic cars on a race circuit with some spectacular views of the Snowdonian mountain range in the distance? This is the chance to do just that. Learn how to capture the thrills, spills, and action at the picturesque Ty Croes Race Circuit on Anglesey.
At this event we will see 70’s road cars along with historic touring cars, many will be formula ford and classic front and rear engine racing cars. From learning how to take photos of static paddock shots (you meet some great characters too who are always willing to pose if that’s your bag) cars being readied for the track to full blown action around the race circuit.
You will learn how the art of panning, following the speeding cars, screeching around corners at high speed.
Lots of One to One tuition will be given throughout the day, we keep the groups quite small on these days to make sure you get the best experience possible.
This is a WelshotRewards Day and is only available to Welshot Academy Members. The cost is £90.00 which is equivalent to 5000 WelshotRewards
Please Note: Entrance to Ty Croes – Trac Mon will be £12.00 and is payable at the gate on entry.
Image Credit: Eifion Williams
Perfect for the complete beginner – we will guide, support and help you every step of the way and you will get plenty of tuition – group and one to one.
So, charge your battery, grab your camera and come join us for some fun, laughter and photography at the beach.
WHAT ARE WELSHOT REWARDS?
WelshotReward Days are something a little bit different – not like your normal “Rewards Scheme” Welshot rewards Academy Members for “Doing Stuff” rather than spending money. This we believe makes it fair for Everyone – all Members have the same opportunity and are on a level playing field and earning points does not come down to how much money you spend. From writing a blog, entering a forum challenge, supplying us with an image from a Welshot event or just even because we feel like rewarding our Members (10,00 WelshotRewards were given to EVERY Member to celebrate our 10th Birthday) – it is really easy to let those WelshotRewards build up.
Then all you have to do is decide how you are going to spend them – from now on specifically designed WelshotReward Days can be purchased from the website – no money changes hands (please see any special T’s & C’s specific to each event) and WelshotRewards are deducted from your account automatically.
More information can be found here: https://www.welshotimaging.co.uk/welshot-reward
To learn what your points are worth, please read this forum post: What are my points worth.