- This event has passed.
Welshot Photographic Lighting Academy Weekend
February 17 @ 10:30 am - February 18 @ 5:00 pm£50 - £360.00
you will learn
- How to use your camera settings and functions
- How to set up and use lighting in a studio mains flash environment
- How to set up and use off camera flash
- How to work with natural and ambient light
- How to use specific lighting equipment and modifiers
- How to work and pose models
- How to think creatively
- What Welshot can do for you and your photography
- 10.25am – Doors to function room open
- 10:30am – Welcome
- 10.40am – Photography starts
- 1:00pm – Lunch (included)
- 2:00pm – Photography resumes
- 5:00pm – Finish
- Camera and lenses suitable for this event
- Spare Batteries and Memory Card
- Tripod – Remote Cable Release (if applicable for this event)
- A list of ideas, help, questions etc that you would like to discuss with the Welshot Team
what will happen
The Welshot Photographic Academy Lighting Weekend – “The” photographic event that helps photographers to get to grips with everything lighting.
From off camera flash (OCF) to studio mains flash to learning how to use natural light, this weekend will have it all and will not only help you to get the best from your camera but will also help you to understand the importance of lighting, why, where and when it is needed and how to use it.
This Weekend will be a mix of theory and hands on practical shooting experience to help you get to grips with what is often thought to be a confusing subject.
Here are just some of the topics which will be covered:
- Continuous lighting
- Studio Lights, the merits of budget v expensive kits
- The use of different lighting modifiers, how they can be used and the effects they produce
- Photographing models using studio lighting, single light and then multiple lights, gels etc.
- Natural light and reflectors
- Off Camera Flash (OCF) technique, the anatomy of a speed-light, balancing flash with ambient light, metering, and of course, making more creative off camera flash images.
This event is designed for the complete beginner to those who need a bit of a refresh or some practice. This is a Two-Day event and you will need to be able to attend both days to get the best from the sessions.
Saturday: Today you will learn the theory (while you shoot) behind the lighting techniques – the How, Why, What, When and Where to use all types of lighting. One to one guidance, support and tuition will be given while you learn how to use the lighting to capture your models perfectly to make a superb image.
Sunday: This is where you will get a chance to be creative and try for yourself – from building to using the lighting and posing the models to capture and make the photographs that you want for your photographic portfolio.
The whole Welshot Team will be on hand to help, guide and support you – but this will be a weekend for you to get creative and try out for yourself those images you have been wanting to capture for yourself.
All lighting equipment will be supplied – all you need to bring is yourself, your camera and a willingness to learn and get stuck in and have some fun while you learn a thing or three. The Welshot Team will always be on hand to help you get the best from YOUR camera.
However, if you are unsure if this event is suitable for you please do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com or phone 01248719126 and we will do all we can to help you.
Models, Male and Female will be attending both these days to help you to create some wonderful, stunning work.
Lunch and refreshments are included on both days.
To see what happened at the last Lighting Academy Weekend read this blog by Tracy Edwards: https://www.welshotimaging.co.uk/welshot-lighting-academy-weekend-by-tracy-edwards/
Image Credit: Gill McGowan
what to expect at an full day academy workshop
Our full day events are more extensive and intensive (in detail and length) than our Academy Evenings but they are still a place where you will meet other Welshotters and designed to help you learn in a fun, creative and inspiring environment. In most cases it does not matter what camera you use or what skill level you are, there will always be someone on hand to help you get the best from YOUR camera. However, if you are unsure please do not hesitate to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01248719126 and we will do all we can to help you.
The not so small, small print - Welshot Full day events
- You have the right to cancel your purchase with 14 days of booking, provided there are more than 14 days until the workshop. In the event that there are less than 14 days between your booking and the actual event, this will be at the discretion of Welshot. Please contact email@example.com or phone 01248719126 to discuss. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Numbers are restricted and are proportionate to Team Leaders and Model(s). Group sizes and compositions will be at the discretion of Welshot.
- Unless specified, delegates are responsible for their own refreshments, travel and accommodation. Please ensure we are informed of any dietary requirements you may have beforehand if we are providing catering. We cannot be held responsible for any errors or omissions made by yourself and/or by third parties.
- Booking may be transferred up to 30 days of the event taking place but only to another like-for-like event of the same value or higher that is currently being advertised at full price and within 3 months of the original event date.
- Within 30 days of this event taking place, transfers are at the absolute discretion of Welshot but you must email firstname.lastname@example.org and this needs to be at least 5 working days of event. Transfers will not be considered within 5 working days of this event taking place.
- Unfortunately we are unable to refund or transfer any monies if you fail to attend any Welshot event, regardless of the reason/circumstance.
- Bookings are unable to be transferred to other persons under any circumstances.
- We reserve the right to change, either fully or in part of, any module/session of this event for one(s) of suitable quality and appropriateness. However, we will endeavor to inform you of any changes as soon as possible.
- If you have any problems or concerns at this event please let us know immediately. We can then make sure we do our best to resolve any issues. We need to know during the event – not after, so we can help you.
- E&OE - 28 April 2017