- This event has passed.
Welshot Does… Street and Documentary Photography
Sun, August 5, 2018 @ 11:00 am - 4:00 pm£62.50
you will learn
- How to use your camera settings and functions
- How to set use your camera specific to street photography
- How to compose and shoot your images discreetly
- How shooting in black and white / colour gives different results and when to shoot in what media
- How to photograph people – candid and posed
- How to think creatively
- What Welshot can do for you and your photography
- 11.00am – Meet in Castlefields – a precise location will be emailed with further information closer to the date
- 11:05am – Welcome, Introductions and Information
- 11.10am – Session starts
- 1:30pm – Lunch break (not included)
- 2:00pm – Session resumes
- 4:00pm – Finish
- Camera and lenses suitable for this event
- Spare Batteries and Memory Card
- A list of ideas, help, questions etc that you would like to discuss with those in your group
- Appropriate Outdoor/Wet Weather clothing (if applicable for this event)
what will happen
Street Photography – One of those photographic genres that scares most people to death but one of the most rewarding once you have learned how to use your camera and conquered your fear of photographing people – either in a candid way or otherwise. At this Welshot Photographic Academy workshop the day will begin by having the “Theory” explained to you with from help setting your camera up to any questions you may have. This Street Photography event will take place in the Castlefields – an ideal and compact location for you to be able to capture a wide range of images.
Working in small groups along with the help, guidance and support of a Welshot team leader to capture your photographs – we may even set a challenge or two to get you thinking creatively, to help you leave your comfort zone and to build your confidence with the genre of street photography
After your first session we will stop for a quick lunch (not included) and you can, if you wish you can have your images reviewed, ask any questions, or get help with anything you need clarification on.
Then it is back out for your second and final photographic session before finishing at 4.00pm.
With the help of the Welshot team you will be given all the support, guidance and tuition that you need to help you get the best from your camera – regardless of your skill level so please join us on what promises to be a fun and creative Welshot Academy Event.
Image Credit: Derek Buick – taken at a Welshot street photography event
what to expect at a half day academy workshop
Our half day events are more extensive and intensive than our Academy Evenings, but they are still a place where you will meet other Welshotters and designed to help you learn in a fun, creative and inspiring environment. In most cases it does not matter what camera you use or what skill level you are, there will always be someone on hand to help you get the best from YOUR camera. However, if you are unsure please do not hesitate to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01248719126 and we will do all we can to help you.