- This event has passed.
Recreate an Album Cover – Chester Photographic Academy Evening
Thu, September 20, 2018 @ 6:30 pm - 10:00 pm£35.00
you will learn
- How to use your camera settings and functions
- How to use mains studio flash
- How to use pose models
- How to use reflectors and modifiers
- How to use props in your photography
- How to follow a commercial brief
- How to think creatively
- What Welshot can do for you and your photography
- 6:20pm – Doors to function room open – please wait in the lounge area until we greet you.
- 6:30pm – Photography starts
- 8:00pm – Supper – included
- 8:30pm – Photography resumes
- 10:00pm – Finish
- Camera and lenses suitable for this event
- Spare Batteries and Memory Card
what will happen
At this Welshot Photographic Academy Evening, you will be recreating some of the world’s most iconic album covers. From Bruce Springsteen (The Boss) to Ziggy Stardust (Bowie), join us for an Evening of enjoyment and learning – helping you to gain new techniques and skills with your camera and photography in a fun and interactive format.
Our models will be Male, and Female and we will be using Mains Studio Flash for this event. The shoot will be an inside outside event and will be sure to provide you with many photographs to enhance your portfolio. All photographic lighting equipment will be supplied by Welshot as well as props.
Ideas, inspiration and a basic “Storyline” will be provided, in the Welshot Forum, before the event to help you get the most from the day. This will be an online version of a mood/vision board. You will be encouraged, once you have shot the specially set-up scene to mix it up a little with your own thoughts and ideas.
Come and join us and the Welshot Team at the Crowne Plaza in Chester and be prepared to make and create some stunning images, learn a thing or three, have some fun and make some new friends.
Beginners are welcome and actively encouraged at Welshot with all help, guidance and support given.
Supper is included.
Image Credit: Eifion Williams and Jason Edwards
what to expect at an academy evening
Academy Evenings are PERFECT for the beginner just starting out on their photographic journey.
Academy Evenings are where you will meet other Welshotters in a relaxed and informal environment – these are the best way to get to know how Welshot works and how we can help you. They are informal, relaxed and are considered a monthly social gathering for many of our Welshotters. They offer “Taster” sessions, covering many genres, to our larger, more extensive Workshops and Events.
With the help of the Welshot Team you will be given all the support, guidance and tuition that you need to help you get the best from your camera – regardless of your skill level so please join us on what promises to be a fun and creative Welshot Academy Evening.
Supper is included in the cost of this event.
Academy Evenings are “The” best way for you to do the following:
- Help you to get to know how your camera works in a variety of settings and conditions. Giving you transferable skills to use anywhere.
- Let’s you practice different sorts of genres, techniques and equipment – before you commit, a chance to see if it is for you.
- Increase your range of portfolio images, make stock images and skill level.
- Networking – Team and Fellow Welshotters are a valuable source of information, know-how, experience and contacts.
- Help you to find out more about Welshot, how we can help you with YOUR photography.
- Help us to get to know YOU better – when we know what it is YOU want and how we can help you with your photography.