- This event has passed.
Welshot Does… Post Processing YOUR Photographs
September 16, 2017 @ 10:00 am - September 17, 2017 @ 5:00 pm£50.00 - £360.00
you will learn
- How to get started in Adobe Lightroom
- How to create a workflow unique to you
- How to tag and keyword your photos
- How to add meta data and copyright
- How to process RAW files in Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom
- How to get started in Adobe Photoshop
- How to get an image to “Print Ready”
- How to get an image to “Social Media” ready
- How to re-size, crop, transform and add text to an image
- How to add a border to an image
- How to use keyboard short cuts
- How to think creatively
- What Welshot can do for you and your photography
- 9.50am – Doors to function room open
- 10.00am – Welcome
- 10.10am – Session starts
- 1.30pm – Lunch – included
- 2.15pm – Session resumes
- 5.30pm – Finish
- Camera and lenses suitable for this event
- Spare Batteries and Memory Card
- A list of ideas, help, questions etc that you would like to discuss
- Laptop pre-loaded with Adobe Lightroom / Adobe Photoshop
- This event requires you to have at the very least a trial version of the above or Adobe Photoshop Elements.
what will happen
This Weekend, based at the Crowne Plaza in Chester it is all about Post Processing YOUR photographs once you have taken them. The Welshot Team will take you through the process, from beginning to end and what you need to do. From getting your images off your camera, creating a workflow, to using tools and techniques to get your RAW files processed. You will be shown how to add meta data to your images and why it is important. Keywording and tagging will be covered showing you what an effective and efficient tool it is to your workflow and how it will transform how you work. You will also learn short-cuts and how to use your computer keyboard to your advantage.
You will then be taken through various techniques to “Photoshop” and enhance your images, including how to make a “Black and White” from one of your colour files. This day will transform YOUR photos giving you the confidence to try yourself at home.
This event is designed for the complete beginner who has yet to get started, those starting to dabble in the Adobe software products to those who need a refresher course and towards the intermediate of those who just need some extra confidence.
You will leave this event with at least TWO finished images that you can be proud of – ready to print and show off in your online and offline portfolio.
Refreshments and lunch are all included throughout both day and a workbook will be provided for you to take home with you.
Please note – Those using Photoshop Elements will get benefit from this event and we will have someone to take you through your software package when it differs to that of Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom
what to expect at an full day academy workshop
Our full day events are more extensive and intensive (in detail and length) than our Academy Evenings but they are still a place where you will meet other Welshotters and designed to help you learn in a fun, creative and inspiring environment. In most cases it does not matter what camera you use or what skill level you are, there will always be someone on hand to help you get the best from YOUR camera. However, if you are unsure please do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com or phone 01248719126 and we will do all we can to help you.
The not so small, small print - Welshot Full day events
- You have the right to cancel your purchase with 14 days of booking, provided there are more than 14 days until the workshop. In the event that there are less than 14 days between your booking and the actual event, this will be at the discretion of Welshot. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01248719126 to discuss. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Numbers are restricted and are proportionate to Team Leaders and Model(s). Group sizes and compositions will be at the discretion of Welshot.
- Unless specified, delegates are responsible for their own refreshments, travel and accommodation. Please ensure we are informed of any dietary requirements you may have beforehand if we are providing catering. We cannot be held responsible for any errors or omissions made by yourself and/or by third parties.
- Booking may be transferred up to 30 days of the event taking place but only to another like-for-like event of the same value or higher that is currently being advertised at full price and within 3 months of the original event date.
- Within 30 days of this event taking place, transfers are at the absolute discretion of Welshot but you must email email@example.com and this needs to be at least 5 working days of event. Transfers will not be considered within 5 working days of this event taking place.
- Unfortunately we are unable to refund or transfer any monies if you fail to attend any Welshot event, regardless of the reason/circumstance.
- Bookings are unable to be transferred to other persons under any circumstances.
- We reserve the right to change, either fully or in part of, any module/session of this event for one(s) of suitable quality and appropriateness. However, we will endeavor to inform you of any changes as soon as possible.
- If you have any problems or concerns at this event please let us know immediately. We can then make sure we do our best to resolve any issues. We need to know during the event – not after, so we can help you.
- E&OE - 28 April 2017