Welshot Does… Macro Photography
September 7 @ 6:30 pm - 10:00 pm£35.00
you will learn
- How to use your camera settings and functions
- How to use the Exposure Triangle
- How to photograph Macro and Close-Up
- How to use a macro lens or Welshot can supply close-up lenses suitable this event
- How to use depth of field creatively
- How to light your set using lighting equipment
- How to use backgrounds to enhance your images
- How to think creatively
- What Welshot can do for you and your photography
- Camera and lenses suitable for this event
- Laptop, iPad, Tablet and/or other technological items you may use
- Props you may want to photograph for your blog/website – We will provide a “Flat-Lay” set with lighting – own props needed
- Spare Batteries and Memory Card
- Tripod – Remote Cable Release (if applicable for this event)
- A list of ideas, help, questions etc that you would like to discuss with those in the group
- Notebook and Pen
- Appropriate Outdoor/Wet Weather clothing (if applicable for this event)
what will happen
At Tonight’s Photographic Academy Evening it is all about Macro and Close-Up Photography. Based at the Crowne Plaza in Chester you will be creating and making beautiful photographs for your portfolio using macro and close-up photography which guarantees you a creative and polished image. Tonight, is about getting creative with your camera and photography and the only limitation is your imagination.
Welshot will provide all the props you need as well as vision boards to help you get started and then all you need to do is create…. Photos that are brilliant as “Stock” images or just fun for your portfolio
Tonight’s Welshot Photographic Academy Evening in Chester for Business & Bloggers You will learn how to position and use lighting – ambient as well as studio and if we have the right conditions we might even be able to use some natural light too at the beginning of the evening. We will also be showing you how you can do this at home without any need for expensive equipment.
You will also learn how to use your camera. How to use the correct settings and functions to capture and make the image you want – which will guarantee that you take home some superb images for your portfolio.
We will have several “Styled” sets for you, lots of flowers, props and a selection of backgrounds. We will have a “Flat-Lay” set that you can use, not just for tonight’s photographic session but also any images that you are needing to create of your own using this technique. You are welcome to bring along any floral props of your own as well.
Image Credit: John Arnold
About Business & Bloggers Academy Evenings
Are YOU in Business? Do YOU blog? Are YOU a Mumpreneur working from your kitchen table? Are YOU running a Social Enterprise or a Not-For-Profit Organisation?
Do YOU need photographs to show what you and your business or organisation does?
Would YOU like to learn how to use your camera so that you can create and make fantastic images yourself, using the camera and other tools you have at hand in your own time without having to spend a fortune?
Would YOU like to Network with others, meet up and work around a boardroom bouncing ideas off each other in a focused, productive, and pro-active environment?
Then, this Welshot Photographic Academy Evening is for you.
Photography session takes place from 6.30pm – to – 10.00pm covering all you need to know to get the best from your camera to help you in your business
You can arrive from 4.30pm armed with your laptop, your camera and any projects that you are working on but need that extra something to help you focus on getting a job done.
Along with Welshot providing you with a specifically designed programme for an Evening of Photography you can also come armed with your own ideas, suggestions and props and we will give you all the help you need to go home with the images to help you show off your business.
An Evening meal will be provided from 8.00pm but all other refreshments throughout the afternoon/evening are your own responsibility.
One to One photographic tuition is only guaranteed from 6.30pm to 10.00pm.
Numbers will be limited to 10 delegates and there will be a full quota of Welshot Team Leaders available to help you.
Props, lighting and other equipment will be supplied by Welshot that will enable us to cover the arranged programme – should you wish to learn a specific technique, make a specific image or cover a certain genre please feel free to bring anything you need to do this – every effort will be made to help you achieve this.
Please see the schedule on the left for the afternoon/evenings activities.
The not so small, small print - Welshot Academy evenings
- You have the right to cancel your purchase with 14 days of booking, provided there are more than 14 days until the workshop. In the event that there are less than 14 days between your booking and the actual event, this will be at the discretion of Welshot. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01248719126 to discuss. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Numbers are restricted and are proportionate to Team Leaders and Model(s). Group sizes and compositions will be at the discretion of Welshot.
- Subject to booking, food and refreshments will be made available during the course of the event. In the event that food and refreshments are unavailable, you will be advised during the booking process. Should the host venue be unable to supply food and/or refreshments during the event, Welshot cannot be held responsible. It is your responsibility to inform Welshot at the time of booking if you have any dietary requirements that may affect your health and wellbeing. Relevant catering suppliers will be notified of your dietary requirements but Welshot cannot accept any responsibility of errors and/or omissions made by third parties.
- Academy Evenings are non-refundable unless the event is cancelled by Welshot.
- Booking may be transferred up to 14 days of the event taking place but only to another like-for-like event of the same value or higher that is currently being advertised at full price and within 3 months of the original event date.
- Within 14 days of this event taking place, transfers are at the absolute discretion of Welshot but you must email email@example.com and this needs to be within 5 working days of event. Transfers will not be considered within 5 working days of this event taking place.
- Unfortunately we are unable to refund or transfer any monies if you fail to attend any Welshot event, regardless of the reason/circumstance.
- Bookings are unable to be transferred to other persons under any circumstances.
- We reserve the right to change, either fully or in part of, any module/session of this event for one(s) of suitable quality and appropriateness. However, we will endeavour to inform you of any changes as soon as possible.
- If you have any problems or concerns at this event please let us know immediately. We can then make sure we do our best to resolve any issues. We need to know during the event – not after, so we can help you.
E&OE - 28 April 2017