Welshot Does… Black & White Photography Meets Film Noir – Themed Photo-Shoot with Models
Sunday 5 April 2020 @ 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
You Will Learn
- How to use your camera settings and functions
- What settings and camera functions to use to create the Film Noir effect
- How to use props and modifiers to create the Film Noir effect
- How to “See” in Black and White
- How to pose, work and photograph Models
- How and what lighting to use to create Film Noir style of photos
- How to use just one continuous light to create the Film Noir look
- How to shoot and use off camera flash
- How to think creatively
- What Welshot can do for you and your photography
- Please wait in the lounge area of the hotel until you are greeted
- 10:00am – Welcome and introductions
- 10:15am – Photography starts
- 1:00pm – Break for lunch (included)
- 1:45pm – Photography resumes
- 5:00pm – End of event
- Camera and lenses suitable for this event
- Spare Batteries and Memory Card
- A list of ideas, help, questions etc that you would like help with
What Will Hapen
Black and White Portrait Photography meets Film Noir at this full day event based at the Crowne Plaza, Chester, this month. It is all about using lighting, props, modifiers and costumes in a creative way, to ensure you capture the desired effect in your camera. You will be shooting in a Studio environment using Mains Flash as well as outside on location using Off Camera Flash
Our Models will be dressed to thrill (or should that be Kill – this is Film Noir after all!) wearing authentic costumes from the 1920’s to 1940’s – They will have accompanying accessories to suit the plot and theme and you are guaranteed to get yourself a range of creative photographs for your portfolio.
We will be working in the following studio set-ups:
- 1 x Continuous Light
- 1 x Mains Studio Light
Learning how to light, pose and work with your models to create a “Film Noir” style with the Welshot Team Leaders to guide, support and help you to make some wonderful portrait photography.
Definition of Film Noir –film noir/fɪlm ˈnwɑː,French film nwaʀ/nounnoun: film noir
- a style or genre of cinematographic film marked by a mood of pessimism, fatalism, and menace. The term was originally applied (by a group of French critics) to American thriller or detective films made in the period 1944–54 and to the work of directors such as Orson Welles, Fritz Lang, and Billy Wilder.
- a film marked by a mood of pessimism, fatalism, and menace.plural noun: films noirs
This full day event is going to have it all, helping you to learn how to get the best from YOUR camera and working with models.
Come and join us and the Welshot Team at the Crowne Plaza, Chester, and be prepared to make and create some stunning images, learn a thing or three about using your camera, have some fun and make some new friends.
Beginners are welcome and actively encouraged at Welshot with all help, guidance and support given – on a One to One basis and in a group.
Lunch is included in this event
WHAT TO EXPECT AT A WELSHOT FULL DAY EVENT:
Welshot full day events are PERFECT for the beginner, enthusiast or more advanced photographer.
These events are informal, relaxed and are considered a social gathering for many of our Welshotters.
They give you more time for you to focus on your own personal photography, offer a more one to one time is available should you need help.
Covering a range of technical skills as well as giving you the chance (and time) to experiment and be more creative.
With the help of the Welshot Team you will be given all the support, guidance and tuition that you need to help you get the best from your camera – regardless of your skill level so please join us on what promises to be another fun and creative Welshot event.
Our Welshot events are where you will meet other Welshotters in a relaxed and informal environment – these are the best way to get to know how Welshot works and how we can help you.
This event is discounted to £144.00 if you are a Welshot Member – to see a list of Member benefits please view our JOIN US page.
Welshot Full Day events are “The” best way for you to do the following:
- Help you to get to know how your camera works in a variety of settings and conditions. Giving you transferable skills to use anywhere.
- Let’s you practice and experiment different sorts of genres, techniques and equipment within your photography.
- Increase your range of portfolio images, make stock images and skill level.
- Networking – Team and Fellow Welshotters are a valuable source of information, know-how, experience and contacts.
- Help you to find out more about Welshot, how we can help you with YOUR photography.
- Help us to get to know YOU better – when we know what it is YOU want and how we can help you with your photography.