- This event has passed.
Walking with Your Camera – A Guided Walk with Helen Iles – Swallow Falls & Mymbyr by Evening Light
Sunday 23 February @ 10:30 am – 6:00 pm
You Will Learn
- How to use your camera settings and functions
- How to shoot for Landscape photography
- How to compose an image
- How to make a long exposure (blur your water)
- How to capture a sunset
- How to photograph in low-light (after the sun has set)
- How to capture the landscape around you in a variety of lighting conditions
- How to use a tripod
- How to think creatively
- What Welshot can do for you and your photography
- 10:30am – Meet at Ty Hyll
- 10:10am – Walk and photography with guidance, support & tuition
- 2:00om – Coffee & cake stop at Moel Siabod Cafe & Gallery
- 3:00pm – Drive to Llyn Mymbyr for further photography
- 17.45pm – Sunset
- 18:00 – Finish
- Please NOTE: Food or refreshments are not included in these events
- Camera and lenses suitable for this event
- Spare Batteries and Memory Card
- A list of ideas, help, questions etc that you would like help with
What Will Happen
Walking with Helen Iles – If you love the great outdoors and you love photography this is the event for you. A fantastic opportunity to get the best of both worlds. Walking with Your Camera – A Guided Walk by Helen Iles is a Welshot event that has been specifically designed for the walker, nature lover and photographer alike.
At this event we will be meeting at Ty Hyll, just outside Betws-Y-Coed at 10.30am for a gentle walk through the landscape to the magnificent Swallow Falls. Here we can talk about composition and long exposure photography. Be sure to bring lens cloths, tripods and covers for your cameras, there will be lots of water around!
In the afternoon we will travel to Mymbyr to capture the evening light and Snowdon Massif reflected in the lakes. (conditions depending) as well as capturing the woodlands on the south banks of the lake, and the majestic Snowdonia range of mountains in the evening light. Again, a short walk over flat but rough ground but with plenty to see.
You will be able to park by the Lake for this part of the event and is a very easy and short walk – You don't even need to leave the road if you do not want to travel with the group.
Please bring suitable footwear, waterproof outer garments and remember… this is Wales in the winter.
We aim for a cake stop and look at the gallery at Moel Siabod Cafe at around 2pm before travelling to Mymbyr.
This will be an event guaranteed to not only help you learn a new technique of three but will also get you some fantastic images for your photographic portfolio.
So, grab your camera, charge your batteries, bring extra memory cards because this date is going to be jam packed full of photographic fun for the photographer.
Numbers are heavily restricted on this event.
This event requires a low to moderate level of fitness – It will be a walking event but with plenty of stops for photography along the way.
- Distance of walk: 3.5 km
- Ascent 185 meters
- Approx three hours walking
Image Credit(s): Stephen Bell / Claire Evans / Helen Iles / William Cheung FRPS
- This is an OUTSIDE Event and we will be shooting outside with whatever the weather throws at us – please make sure you have the appropriate clothing, footwear, snacks and water.
- These events do not include food or refreshments.
- You are responsible for your own transportation, safety, equipment and insurance – You will also need to pay any relevant entry fees or toll charges.
WHAT TO EXPECT ON A WALKING WITH YOUR CAMERA – GUIDED BY HELEN ILES EVENT
Our Walking with Your Camera – guided by Helen Iles event are designed to get the photographer outside and into the beautiful North Wales Landscape. From gentle strolls along a river to more intensive hikes up a mountain range – You will still get the same Welshot experience of our other events but the great outside is brought alive – all you have to do is stop, look, listen and then capture it in your camera.
Helen will share her in depth knowledge of the local mountains. She is a fully qualified Mountain Leader, holds a MRT CasCare first aid certificate and is a very experienced hill walker. Helen will research the best locations according to the weather, time of year, requirements and light which means you are almost sure to capture some great photos while enjoying the beautiful landscape at the same time
These events are still a place where you will meet other Welshotters and designed to help you learn in a fun, creative and it does not matter what camera you use or what skill level you are, there will always be someone on hand to help you get the best from YOUR camera. However, if you are unsure please do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com or phone 01248719126 and we will do all we can to help you.