- This event has passed.
Walking With Your Camera – A Guided Walk with Helen Iles – Rhaeadr Ddu Waterfalls & Woodland.
Saturday 29 June @ 10:30 am – 4:00 pm
YOU WILL LEARN
- How to use your camera settings and functions
- How to compose an image in the landscape
- How to look at your surroundings and be in the moment (Mindfulness)
- How to use filters
- What Welshot can do for you and your photography
- 10.20am – Meet and Greet – Please Note: An information email will be sent to you with all the relevant information a week before the event takes place.
- 10:30am – Photography starts
- 12:30pm – Lunch (not Included)
- 4:00pm (ish) – Finish
- Camera and lenses suitable for this event – Remember the lens cloths too
- Tripod and cable release if you have one
- Spare Batteries and Memory Card
- Notebook and Pen for taking notes.
- Appropriate Outdoor/Wet Weather clothing and appropriate walking shoes
- Lunch / Snacks / Drink – Flask PLUS Water
- Please email Eifion Williams on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any question regarding equipment
WHAT WILL HAPPEN
Walking with Helen Iles – If you love the great outdoors and you love photography this is the event for you. A fantastic opportunity to get the best of both worlds. Walking with Your Camera – A Guided Walk by Helen Iles is a brand new kind of Welshot event and has specifically been designed for the walker, nature lover and photographer alike.
Today’s event will be taking place at the beautiful Rhaeadr Ddu Waterfalls & Woodland and involves a stunning walk through traditional welsh woodlands up to a magnificent waterfall.
During the walk there is ample chance to shoot macro nature, long exposure waterfalls and gorgeous woodland scenes.
It’s a short round walk of approximately 2 miles and the initial part is quite steep but the whole day will be spent in the area so we can take it at our own pace.
Suitable footwear is essential, as are waterproofs and plenty of lens cloths due to the spray in the air. Bring tripods and spare batteries. Also bring food and drinks as there are no nearby cafes. There is a toilet by the carpark.
This will be an event guaranteed to not only help you learn a new technique of three but will also get you some fantastic images for your photographic portfolio.
So, grab your camera, charge your batteries, bring extra memory cards because this date is going to be jam packed full of photographic fun for the photographer.
Numbers are restricted on this event.
This event requires a moderate level of fitness – It will be a walking event but with plenty of stops for photography along the way.
PLEASE NOTE: This is an OUTSIDE Event and we will be shooting outside with whatever the weather throws at us – please make sure you have the appropriate clothing, footwear, snacks and water.
Photo Credit: Helen Iles
WHAT TO EXPECT ON A WALKING WITH YOUR CAMERA – GUIDED BY HELEN ILES EVENT
Our Walking with Your Camera – guided by Helen Iles event are designed to get the photographer outside and into the beautiful North Wales Landscape. From gentle strolls along a river to more intensive hikes up a mountain range – You will still get the same Welshot experience of our other events but the great outside is brought alive – all you have to do is stop, look, listen and then capture it in your camera.
Helen will share her in depth knowledge of the local mountains. She is a fully qualified Mountain Leader, holds a MRT CasCare first aid certificate and is a very experienced hill walker. Helen will research the best locations according to the weather, time of year, requirements and light which means you are almost sure to capture some great photos while enjoying the beautiful landscape at the same time
These events are still a place where you will meet other Welshotters and designed to help you learn in a fun, creative and it does not matter what camera you use or what skill level you are, there will always be someone on hand to help you get the best from YOUR camera. However, if you are unsure please do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com or phone 01248719126 and we will do all we can to help you.