- This event has passed.
Walking with Your Camera – A Guided Walk with Helen Iles – Porthdinllaen, Nefyn
Saturday 4 April 2020 @ 2:00 pm – 9:00 pm
You Will Learn
- How to use your camera settings and functions
- How to shoot for Landscape photography
- How to compose an image
- How to make a long exposure (blur your water)
- How to capture a sunset
- How to photograph in low-light (after the sun has set)
- How to capture the landscape around you in a variety of lighting conditions
- How to use a tripod
- How to think creatively
- What Welshot can do for you and your photography
- Link for Directions
- 2.00pm – Meet in car park – Welcome, Introductions and Information
- 2.10pm – Photography and walk starts
- 8.00pm – Sunset
- 9.00pm – Finish
- Please NOTE: Food or refreshments are not included in these events
- Camera and lenses suitable for this event
- Spare Batteries and Memory Card
- A list of ideas, help, questions etc that you would like help with
What Will Happen
Walking with Helen Iles – If you love the great outdoors and you love photography this is the event for you. A fantastic opportunity to get the best of both worlds. Walking with Your Camera – A Guided Walk by Helen Iles is a Welshot event that has been specifically designed for the walker, nature lover and photographer alike.
This photography / walk workshop event will take in seascapes and open vistas. To the west the Llyn Peninsular stretches towards Bardsey and to the east is the protected bay of Nefyn. We will walk via the lifeboat station and the cottages on the beach. Expect beautiful beach reflections, or if not, stormy seas and idyllic bays.
Walk will take approximately 2 -4 hours depending on conditions. There will be a stop at the world famous Ty Coch Pub on the Beach.
Please bring suitable footwear for the conditions; there will be some rough sandy terrain. Please bring waterproof outer garments, tripods, filters and spare batteries. And Cake….. Eifion and Helen love cake!
Distance: Approximately 4km
For more information please visit the National Trust Site: Porthdinllaen walk, Llŷn Peninsula
- These events do not include food or refreshments
- You are responsible for your own transportation, safety, equipment and insurance – You will also need to pay any relevant entry fees or toll charges
WHAT TO EXPECT ON A WALKING WITH YOUR CAMERA – GUIDED BY HELEN ILES EVENT
Our Walking with Your Camera – guided by Helen Iles event are designed to get the photographer outside and into the beautiful North Wales Landscape. From gentle strolls along a river to more intensive hikes up a mountain range – You will still get the same Welshot experience of our other events but the great outside is brought alive – all you have to do is stop, look, listen and then capture it in your camera.
Helen will share her in depth knowledge of the local mountains. She is a fully qualified Mountain Leader, holds a MRT CasCare first aid certificate and is a very experienced hill walker. Helen will research the best locations according to the weather, time of year, requirements and light which means you are almost sure to capture some great photos while enjoying the beautiful landscape at the same time
These events are still a place where you will meet other Welshotters and designed to help you learn in a fun, creative and it does not matter what camera you use or what skill level you are, there will always be someone on hand to help you get the best from YOUR camera. However, if you are unsure please do not hesitate to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01248719126 and we will do all we can to help you.