- This event has passed.
Walking with Your Camera – A Guided Walk with Helen Iles – Newborough Forest – Llanddwyn Island
Saturday 16 November 2019 @ 11:30 am – 5:30 pm
You Will Learn
- How to use your camera settings and functions
- How to capture Long-Exposures
- How to compose an image in the landscape
- How to capture Seascapes
- How to look at your surroundings and be in the moment (Mindfulness)
- How to use filters
- How to use your tripod
- What Welshot can do for you and your photography
- 11:00am – Meet at the main car park in Newborough Forest ready to walk to Llanddwyn Island – (The postcode LL61 6SG will bring you to the right road. It’s about a mile from the village to the edge of the forest where you will (usually) have to pay a £5 toll)
- 10:30am – Session starts
- 1:30pm – Lunch – included
- 2:30pm – Session resumes
- 5:30pm – Finish back at the main car park
- £5.00 for the TOLL / Entrance fee to Newborough Forest
- The postcode LL61 6SG will bring you to the right road. It’s about a mile from the village to the edge of the forest where you will (usually) have to pay a £5 toll
- Camera and lenses suitable for this event
- Tripod and cable release if you have one
- Spare Batteries and Memory Card
- Notebook and Pen for taking notes.
- Appropriate Outdoor/Wet Weather clothing and appropriate walking shoes
- Lunch / Snacks / Drink – Flask PLUS Water
- Please email Eifion Williams on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any question regarding equipment
What Will Hapen
Walking with Helen Iles – If you love the great outdoors and you love photography this is the event for you. A fantastic opportunity to get the best of both worlds. Walking with Your Camera – A Guided Walk by Helen Iles. These events have been specifically been designed for the walker, nature lover and photographer alike. Helen, has been published (words and images) in numerous magazines – including Outdoor Photographer and is the perfect guide, host and tutor for these Welshot events.
Our November Walking with Helen Iles will be taking place on Anglesey – Newborough Forest – Llanddwyn
For the first part of the workshop you will be in the forest area getting creative with your camera and learning to use a variety of techniques, then moving onto the beach area itself where wide, vast sea and landscapes will be sure to delight..
The walk to the end of the island will take approximately an hour and is over wet soft sand. Please bring suitable footwear and clothing. It gets cold (and sometimes wet) in November on Anglesey!
During the day Helen Iles will be talking about composition, long exposure imagery and storytelling.
Helen will also be discussing focusing and the use of filters, tripods and timers to get the best ‘in camera shot’.
If the weather and conditions are favourable, we will capture sunset at 4.20pm and then walk back in semi darkness along the beach.
High Water 11.15
Low Water 18.25
The postcode LL61 6SG will bring you to the right road. It’s about a mile from the village to the edge of the forest where you will (usually) have to pay a £5 toll
This will be an event guaranteed to not only help you learn a new technique of three but will also get you some fantastic images for your photographic portfolio.
So, grab your camera, charge your batteries, bring extra memory cards because this date is going to be jam packed full of photographic fun for the photographer.
Numbers are restricted to SIX delegates on this event.
This event requires a moderate level of fitness – It will be a walking event but with plenty of stops for photography along the way.
PLEASE NOTE: This is an OUTSIDE Event and we will be shooting outside with whatever the weather throws at us – please make sure you have the appropriate clothing, footwear, snacks and water.
Photo Credit: Helen Iles
WHAT TO EXPECT AT A WELSHOT FULL DAY EVENT:
Welshot full day events are PERFECT for the beginner, enthusiast or more advanced photographer.
These events are informal, relaxed and are considered a social gathering for many of our Welshotters.
They give you more time for you to focus on your own personal photography, offer a more one to one time is available should you need help.
Covering a range of technical skills as well as giving you the chance (and time) to experiment and be more creative.
With the help of the Welshot Team you will be given all the support, guidance and tuition that you need to help you get the best from your camera – regardless of your skill level so please join us on what promises to be another fun and creative Welshot event.
Our Welshot events are where you will meet other Welshotters in a relaxed and informal environment – these are the best way to get to know how Welshot works and how we can help you.
Welshot Full Day events are “The” best way for you to do the following:
- Help you to get to know how your camera works in a variety of settings and conditions. Giving you transferable skills to use anywhere.
- Let’s you practice and experiment different sorts of genres, techniques and equipment within your photography.
- Increase your range of portfolio images, make stock images and skill level.
- Networking – Team and Fellow Welshotters are a valuable source of information, know-how, experience and contacts.
- Help you to find out more about Welshot, how we can help you with YOUR photography.
- Help us to get to know YOU better – when we know what it is YOU want and how we can help you with your photography.