- This event has passed.
Themed Photo-Shoot Halloween – Mains Studio Flash – Ellesmere Port Photographic Academy Evening
Tue October 9 @ 6:30 pm - 10:00 pm£35.00
you will learn
- How to use your camera settings and functions
- What settings and camera functions to use specific for this genre
- How to compose a photograph
- How to pose, work and photograph Models
- How to shoot and use lights in a photographic studio
- How to shoot and use off camera flash
- How to think creatively
- What Welshot can do for you and your photography
- 6:20pm – Doors to function room open – Please wait in the lounge area of the main building until you are greeted
- 6:30pm – Photography starts
- 8:00pm – Supper – included
- 8:30pm – Photography resumes
- 10:00pm – Finish
- Camera and lenses suitable for this event
- Spare Batteries and Memory Card
- Tripod – Remote Cable Release
- A list of ideas, help, questions etc that you would like help with
- Appropriate Outdoor/Wet Weather clothing as you will be outside for most of this event
what will happen
At the October Welshot Photographic Evening based at the Holiday Inn, Ellesmere Port it is all about Halloween. In a creative way, using your camera, the lighting and posing your models, our Welshot Team Leaders will help you to make some wonderful portrait photography. Our Models will be stunningly scary and you are guaranteed to get yourself some very different and creative photographs for your portfolio– this Photographic Academy Evening is going to have it all, from our Halloween props and costumes to fun and chips.
Come and join us and the Welshot Team at the Holiday Inn, Ellesmere Port and be prepared to make and create some stunning images, learn a thing or three about using your camera, have some fun and make some new friends.
Beginners are welcome and actively encouraged at Welshot with all help, guidance and support given – on a One to One basis and in a group.
Supper is included.
Image credit: Sharon Prenton-Jones
what to expect at an academy evening
Academy Evenings are PERFECT for the beginner just starting out on their photographic journey.
Academy Evenings are where you will meet other Welshotters in a relaxed and informal environment – these are the best way to get to know how Welshot works and how we can help you. They are informal, relaxed and are considered a monthly social gathering for many of our Welshotters. They offer “Taster” sessions, covering many genres, to our larger, more extensive Workshops and Events.
With the help of the Welshot Team you will be given all the support, guidance and tuition that you need to help you get the best from your camera – regardless of your skill level so please join us on what promises to be a fun and creative Welshot Academy Evening.
Supper is included in the cost of this event.
Academy Evenings are “The” best way for you to do the following:
- Help you to get to know how your camera works in a variety of settings and conditions. Giving you transferable skills to use anywhere.
- Let’s you practice different sorts of genres, techniques and equipment – before you commit, a chance to see if it is for you.
- Increase your range of portfolio images, make stock images and skill level.
- Networking – Team and Fellow Welshotters are a valuable source of information, know-how, experience and contacts.
- Help you to find out more about Welshot, how we can help you with YOUR photography.
- Help us to get to know YOU better – when we know what it is YOU want and how we can help you with your photography.