- This event has passed.
Street and Documentary Photography
Sun, May 20, 2018 @ 10:30 am - 5:00 pm£180.00
you will learn
- How to use your camera settings and functions
- How to set use your camera specific to street photography
- How to compose and shoot your images discreetly
- How shooting in black and white / colour gives different results and when to shoot in what media
- How to photograph people – candid and posed
- What are the legal & moral ethics of street photography
- Why street and documentary photography play an important role in historical importance
- What and how you can use your street photography for
- How to think creatively
- What Welshot can do for you and your photography
- 10.25am – Doors to function room open – please wait in hotel lounge until we greet you
- 10:30am – Welcome
- 10.35am – Session starts
- 1:30pm – Lunch (included)
- 2:30pm – Session resumes
- 5:00pm – Finish
- Camera and lenses suitable for this event
- Spare Batteries and Memory Card
- A list of ideas, help, questions etc that you would like to discuss with those in your group
- Appropriate Outdoor/Wet Weather clothing (if applicable for this event)
what will happen
Street Photography – One of those photographic genres that scares most people to death but one of the most rewarding once you have learned how to use your camera and conquered your fear of photographing people – either in a candid way or otherwise. At this Welshot Photographic Academy workshop led by Derek Buick the day will begin by having the “Theory” explained to you with from help setting your camera up to any questions you may have. This Street Photography event will take place in Chester – an ideal and compact location for you to be able to capture a wide range of images.
Leaving the training room, you will be sent out in small groups along with the help, guidance and support of a Welshot team leader to capture your photographs – we may even set a challenge or two to get you thinking creatively, to help you leave your comfort zone and to build your confidence with the genre of street photography
After your first session of photography lunch, which is included, will be served at the Chester Crowne Plaza and there will be time to review images, help with any questions that you need help with and go over any other techniques you would like explained.
Then it is back out for your second and final photographic session before coming back to the hotel for Q&A and a review of images (if you want)
With the help of the Welshot team you will be given all the support, guidance and tuition that you need to help you get the best from your camera – regardless of your skill level so please join us on what promises to be a fun and creative Welshot Academy Event.
Image Credit: Derek Buick – taken at a Welshot street photography event
what to expect at an full day academy workshop
Our full day events are more extensive and intensive (in detail and length) than our Academy Evenings but they are still a place where you will meet other Welshotters and designed to help you learn in a fun, creative and inspiring environment. In most cases it does not matter what camera you use or what skill level you are, there will always be someone on hand to help you get the best from YOUR camera. However, if you are unsure please do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com or phone 01248719126 and we will do all we can to help you.