Street and Documentary Photography – Liverpool Photographic Mini-Module
Sat, February 2, 2019 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm£35.00
you will learn
- How to use your camera settings and functions
- How to set use your camera specific to street photography
- How to compose and shoot your images discreetly
- How shooting in black and white / colour gives different results and when to shoot in what media
- How to photograph people – candid and posed
- How to think creatively
- What Welshot can do for you and your photography
- 12.50pm – Meet at Pret A Manger – Liverpool One
- 1:00pm – Welcome, Information & Instructions
- 1: 10pm – Photography starts – We will be walking around the Albert Dock and surrounding areas
- 5:00pm – Finish
- Camera and lenses suitable for this event
- Spare Batteries and Memory Card
- A list of ideas, help, questions etc that you would like to discuss with those in your group
- Appropriate Outdoor/Wet Weather clothing (if applicable for this event)
what will happen
Street Photography – One of those photographic genres that scares most people to death but one of the most rewarding once you have learned how to use your camera and conquered your fear of photographing people – either in a candid way or otherwise. At this Welshot Photographic Mini-Module the session will begin by having the “Theory” explained to you with from help setting your camera up to any questions you may have as well as giving you an mini challenge should you wish to have some inspiration on the sort of images you will could make. This Street Photography event will take place in the historic location of the Albert Dock and surrounding area – an ideal and compact location for you to be able to capture a wide range of images.
Working in small groups along with the help, guidance and support of a Welshot team leader to capture your photographs – we may even set a challenge or two to get you thinking creatively, to help you leave your comfort zone and to build your confidence with the genre of street photography
With the help of the Welshot team you will be given all the support, guidance and tuition that you need to help you get the best from your camera – regardless of your skill level so please join us on what promises to be a fun and creative Welshot Academy Event.
Image Credit: Derek Buick – taken at a Welshot street photography event
What to Expect at a Welshot Photographic Academy Mini-Module
The Welshot Mini-Module sessions are a mixture of Academy Evenings and Full Day Events – Four to five hours in length and usually outside. They are designed so delegates can meet-up with other photographers in a safe environment in many different locations to learn how to get the best from their camera but also have the flexibility to be creative.
A variety of photographic genres will be covered, and each event will have a photo-walkabout, were you are free to roam but still feel the benefit of the Welshot guidance, support and tuition if needed as well as being in an inspiring, fun, creative, safe and secure group environment.
Each event will have a dedicated Mini-Masterclass which covers a genre usually lasting about one to two hours.
It does not matter what camera you use* or what skill level you are, there will always be someone on hand to help you get the best from YOUR camera. However, if you are unsure please do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com or phone 01248719126 and we will do all we can to help you.
Please Note: Food, refreshments, travel, insurance and entrance fees (if applicable) are the responsibility of the delegate.
*Please be aware some cameras – depending on specifications and functionality may not be able to work in all situations but here at Welshot we are committed to helping you to get the very best from your camera in every situation.