- This event has passed.
Still-Life Photography with Post Processing Techniques – Chester Photographic Academy Evening
Thursday 20 June @ 6:30 pm – 10:00 pm
YOU WILL LEARN
- How to use your cameras settings and functions
- How to style your Still-Life set
- How to create a variety of images from just one set
- How to edit your photo – take them from the great to WOW in a few easy steps
- Editing techniques in Photoshop / Lightroom / Photoshop Elements
- What is Focus Stacking and how to apply it to capture Still-Life photos
- How to think creatively
- What Welshot can do for you and your photography
- 6:20pm – Doors to function room open – please wait in the Lounge until we greet you.
- 6:30pm – Session starts
- 8:00pm – Supper – included
- 8:30pm – Session resumes
- 10:00pm – Finish
- Lenses – Standard Zoom Lens (18 – 55ish) or a 50mm or whatever you fancy using
- Spare Batteries and Memory Card
- Tripod – Remote Cable Release
WHAT WILL HAPPEN
At the June Welshot Photographic Evening based at the Crowne Plaza in Chester, it is all about getting creative. Tonight you will be getting creative in a number of ways:
- Creating your Still-Life Set
- Making your image in Camera
- Editing your images using editing software such as Adobe Photoshop / Lightroom / Photoshop Elements.
This will be a hands on practical Academy Evening as well as a session on editing – you are welcome to bring your laptop but it is not necessary.
Come and join us and the Welshot Team at the Crowne Plaza – Chester Photographic Academy Evening and be prepared to make and create some stunning images, learn a thing or three about using your camera, have some fun and make some new friends.
Beginners are welcome and actively encouraged at Welshot with all help, guidance and support given – on a One to One basis and in a group.
At just £28 for Welshot Academy Members (£35.00 for Non-Members) this is an affordable way to learn. Come and join us and the Welshot Team and be prepared to make and create some stunning images, learn a thing or three, have some fun and make some new friends.
Supper is included in the cost of this event.
Image credit: Robert Prenton Jones
WHAT TO EXPECT AT AN ACADEMY EVENING
Academy Evenings are PERFECT for the beginner just starting out on their photographic journey.
Academy Evenings are where you will meet other Welshotters in a relaxed and informal environment – these are the best way to get to know how Welshot works and how we can help you. They are informal, relaxed and are considered a monthly social gathering for many of our Welshotters. They offer “Taster” sessions, covering many genres, to our larger, more extensive Workshops and Events.
With the help of the Welshot Team you will be given all the support, guidance and tuition that you need to help you get the best from your camera – regardless of your skill level so please join us on what promises to be a fun and creative Welshot Academy Evening.
Academy Evenings are “The” best way for you to do the following:
- Help you to get to know how your camera works in a variety of settings and conditions. Giving you transferable skills to use anywhere.
- Let’s you practice different sorts of genres, techniques and equipment – before you commit, a chance to see if it is for you.
- Increase your range of portfolio images, make stock images and skill level.
- Networking – Team and Fellow Welshotters are a valuable source of information, know-how, experience and contacts.
- Help you to find out more about Welshot, how we can help you with YOUR photography.
- Help us to get to know YOU better – when we know what it is YOU want and how we can help you with your photography.