- This event has passed.
Still-Life Photography with Post Processing Techniques – Anglesey Photographic Academy Evening
Wednesday 29 January 2020 @ 6:30 pm – 10:00 pm
You Will Learn
- How to use your camera settings and functions
- How to style your Still-Life set.
- How to create a variety of images from just one set
- How to edit your photo – take them from great to WOW in a few easy steps
- Editing techniques in Photoshop / Lightroom / Photoshop Elements
- What is Focus Stacking and how to apply it to capture Still-Life photos
- How to think creatively
- What Welshot can do for you and your photography
- Doors to the community centre will open at 6.15pm – Grab yourself a drink from the kitchen
6:30pm – Photography Starts
8:00pm – Supper – Included
8:30pm – Photography Resumes
10:00pm – Finish
- Camera and lenses suitable for this event
- Spare Batteries and Memory Card
- Cable / Remote release
- Laptop (this is not required)
- A list of ideas, help, questions etc that you would like help with
What Will Happen
At the first Anglesey Photographic Academy Evening for 2020 based at the David Hughes Community Center in Beaumaris it is all about getting creative. Tonight, you and your camera will be getting creative in a number of ways:
- Creating your Still-Life Set
- Making your image in Camera
- Learning basic editing techniques to edit your images.
This will be a hands on practical Academy Evening as well as a session on editing – you are welcome to bring your laptop but it is not necessary.
Come and join us and the Welshot Team at the David Hughes Community Center in Beaumaris at the Anglesey Photographic Academy Evening and be prepared to make and create some stunning images, learn a thing or three about using your camera, have some fun and make some new friends.
Beginners are welcome and actively encouraged at Welshot with all help, guidance and support given – on a One to One basis and in a group.
A light buffet supper is included.
Image credit: Robert Prenton Jones – Taken at a Welshot Photographic Academy Event
WHAT TO EXPECT AT AN ACADEMY EVENING
Academy Evenings are PERFECT for the beginner just starting out on their photographic journey.
Academy Evenings are where you will meet other Welshotters in a relaxed and informal environment – these are the best way to get to know how Welshot works and how we can help you. They are informal, relaxed and are considered a monthly social gathering for many of our Welshotters. They offer “Taster” sessions, covering many genres, to our larger, more extensive Workshops and Events.
With the help of the Welshot Team you will be given all the support, guidance and tuition that you need to help you get the best from your camera – regardless of your skill level so please join us on what promises to be a fun and creative Welshot Academy Evening.
Supper is included in the cost of this event.
Academy Evenings are “The” best way for you to do the following:
- Help you to get to know how your camera works in a variety of settings and conditions. Giving you transferable skills to use anywhere.
- Let’s you practice different sorts of genres, techniques and equipment – before you commit, a chance to see if it is for you.
- Increase your range of portfolio images, make stock images and skill level.
- Networking – Team and Fellow Welshotters are a valuable source of information, know-how, experience and contacts.
- Help you to find out more about Welshot, how we can help you with YOUR photography.
- Help us to get to know YOU better – when we know what it is YOU want and how we can help you with your photography.