Shoot the Night Sky with Lewis Speight – Snowdonia Mini Module with Masterclass
Saturday 11 January @ 7:00 pm – 11:30 pm
YOU WILL LEARN
- How to use your cameras settings and functions for the night sky
- Composition techniques
- How to focus manually
- How to “See” an image
- How to “Paint” with light
- How to make a Long Exposure image
- How to use the Exposure Triangle
- How to think creatively
- What Welshot can do for you and your photography
- 7:00pm – Ogwen Valley Cottage ( LL57 3LZ)
- 7:10pm – Welcome, Information, Instructions and Presentation
- 7: 30pm – Walk to the lake
- 8.00pm – Photography starts – Group and One to One tuition on how to capture the night sky
- 9:00pm – Masterclass – Painting with light
- 10:00pm – Photography resumes – Group and One to One tuition on how to capture the night sky
- 11.00(ish) – Finish
- Camera and lenses suitable for this event
- Spare Batteries and Memory Card
- Cable release
- Head torch if you have one (one with a RED light preferably)
- Torch and spare batteries
- Snacks, Water, Hot Drinks
- Waterproof clothing for you and your camera
- Good sturdy walking boots
- A list of ideas, help, questions etc that you would like to discuss with the Welshot Team Leaders
WHAT WILL HAPPEN
Snowdonia, one of the most beautiful mountain ranges in the United Kingdom, right on the doorstep of the North Wales coastline – and tonight it is going to be the location for another great Welshot Photographic Academy Mini Module. Specifically – Cwm Idwal in the Ogwen Valley. Tonight, the Welshot Team we will be joined by Lewis Speight who will be helping you to capture the wide-open spaces of this mountain range and the night sky. You will learn how to use camera functions and settings specifically to capture great images at night.
Before we set off on a short, easy stroll up to the lake Lewis will be giving a short intro and presentation and how to get the best from the evening – hints, tips, ideas and how to’s… will help you to get started on what is sure to be a night of capturing great photos.
This will be a night of pure photographic adventure and learning.
The Masterclass: We will also be having a Masterclass in light painting (bring a torch) within the environment and how to use this technique to add that WOW factor to your photographs. If you are an Olympus camera user, we will also be covering “Live Composite” techniques which you can do within your camera.
This event gives you the opportunity to work in a small group and is specifically designed for beginners to learn new techniques or the more experienced to hone their skills – Whatever level you are, you can be sure you will leave this event having learned a thing or three and have some great images captured.
Guaranteed One to One tuition, as well as group tuition throughout the night while taking part in a fun and friendly photo-shoot arranged by the Welshot Photographic Academy makes it a great day for you to get out and about with your camera.
Beginners are always welcome and actively encouraged at Welshot with all help, guidance and support given.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT A WELSHOT PHOTOGRAPHIC MINI-MODULE
The Welshot Mini-Module (with Masterclasses) events are a mixture of Academy Evenings and Full Day Events – Four to five hours in length and usually outside.
They are designed so delegates can meet-up with other photographers in a safe environment in many different locations to learn how to get the best from their camera but also have the flexibility to be creative.
A variety of photographic genres will be covered, and each event will have a photo-walkabout, were you are free to roam but still feel the benefit of the Welshot guidance, support and tuition if needed as well as being in an inspiring, fun, creative, safe and secure group environment.
Each event will have a dedicated Mini-Masterclass which covers a genre usually lasting about one to two hours.
These events will range in price – from £28.00 to £50.00 for Welshot Members and some you will even be able to use your Academy Evening vouchers to book your place.
Non-Members are always welcome to attend; you just pay a little more.
It does not matter what camera you use* or what skill level you are, there will always be someone on hand to help you get the best from YOUR camera. However, if you are unsure please do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com or phone 01248 719126 and we will do all we can to help you.
Please Note: Food, refreshments, travel, insurance and entrance fees (if applicable) are the responsibility of the delegate.
*Please be aware some cameras – depending on specifications and functionality may not be able to work in all situations but here at Welshot we are committed to helping you to get the very best from your camera in every situation.
Welshot Photographic Academy Mini-Modules are “The” best way for you to do the following:
- Help you to get to know how your camera works in a variety of settings and conditions, giving you transferable skills to use anywhere.
- Let’s you practice different sorts of genres, techniques and equipment – before you commit, a chance to see if it is for you.
- Increase your range of portfolio images, make stock images and skill level.
- Networking – Team and Fellow Welshotters are a valuable source of information, know-how, experience and contacts.
- Help you to find out more about Welshot, how we can help you with YOUR photography.
- Help us to get to know YOU better – when we know what it is YOU want and how we can help you with your photography.