Shapes, Texture, Reflections, Black, White & Colour Photography in Liverpool – Roving Photographic Academy Evening
Tuesday 26 November 2019 @ 6:30 pm – 10:00 pm
YOU WILL LEARN
- How to use your camera settings and functions
- How to shoot architectural photography
- How to compose an image
- How to crop your images in camera to create dynamic images
- How to see images in Black and White
- How to use shapes and texture in your photos
- How to capture reflections
- How to photograph in low-light (after the sun has set)
- How to capture Liverpool in Low-Light conditions
- How to use a tripod
- How to think creatively
- What Welshot can do for you and your photography
- 6:20pm – Meet at Pret A Manger – Liverpool One
- 6:30pm – Supper
- 7:00pm – Photography
- 10:00pm – Finish
- Camera and lenses suitable for this event – Standard Zoom (18 – 55mm ish) – Wide angle, a longer zoom for capturing details in buildings or any prime lenses you may have
- Spare Batteries and Memory Card
- Tripod – Remote Cable Release (if you have one)
- A list of ideas, help, questions etc that you would like to discuss with those in your group
- Appropriate Outdoor/Wet Weather clothing
WHAT WILL HAPPEN
Please Note: This event was previously advertised as the September Academy Evening but has been postponed due to bad weather.
November – the month when the light has gone but there is still lots of photography to be had out and about with your camera and this Academy Evening will be no different. At this Roving Photographic Academy Evening we are in Liverpool and we will be aiming to capture this vibrant City in our photography in a very creative way. Did you know, Liverpool has the highest amount (outside of London) of Grade II listed building? Tonight, using our cameras we are going to capture the shapes, textures, reflections and colours in those buildings – while learning to see in Black and White too. Due to the event taking place in November, we will also be adding in some Low-Light Photographic techniques too.
For those who would like, we will even throw in a bit of a photographic challenge too, just to get the photographic creative juices flowing.
Perfect for the complete beginner – we will guide, support and help you every step of the way and you will get plenty of tuition – group and one to one.
So, charge your battery, grab your camera and come join us for some fun, laughter and photography in Caernarfon tonight.
At just £28 for Welshot Academy Members (£35.00 for Non-Members) this is an affordable way to learn. Come and join us and the Welshot Team and be prepared to make and create some stunning images, learn a thing or three, have some fun and make some new friends.
A light supper is included in the cost of this event.
Image Credit: Sue Hartley
WHAT TO EXPECT AT A ROVING ACADEMY EVENING
Roving Academy Evenings are PERFECT for the beginner just starting out on their photographic journey.
Welshot is coming to Conwy… And to Llandudno, Rhos on Sea, St Asaph, Colwyn Bay, Abergele, Liverpool, Manchester and other surrounding areas…
The Welshot Photographic Academy, “Roving” Academy Evenings will be in a different North Wales (and across the Border) location every Month covering a number of Photographic genres – mainly outside but always with a bit of a challenge for you and your camera.
These Evenings are perfect for the beginner, the photographer who has just picked up a camera and want to learn how to get the best from it in a fun, friendly, non-competitive and fun environment.
Not a beginner? That’s fine too, each month is designed to help you to think a little differently – help you get out of your photography rut – help you get out of your comfort zone – push you a little to achieve a photographic goal or ambition that you may have.
Basing ourselves at a different location EVERY fourth Tuesday of the Month this is the ideal Academy Evening for those who want to go out and about with a group of like-minded people and all with the guidance, support and tuition from Team Leaders that Welshot has become well-known for.
Depending on the location & venue of the evening will determine where we will eat… But, never fear there will always be Welshot Chips.
All you need is a willingness to:
- Have some fun
- Learn your camera
- Think outside the box when it comes to taking pictures
- Eat Chips…We would love to see you at our “Roving” Academy Evening