- This event has passed.
Seascapes and Piers – Anglesey Photographic Academy Evening
Wed, September 26, 2018 @ 6:30 pm - 10:00 pm£35.00
you will learn
- How to use your camera settings and functions
- What settings and camera functions to use specific for this genre
- How to compose a photograph
- How to use filters – Please bring if you have them
- How to create a long exposure
- How to shoot in low-light
- Hot to use a tripod
- How to think creatively
- What Welshot can do for you and your photography
- 6:20pm – Doors to community centre open – Grab a hot drink from the kitchen
- 6:30pm – Photography starts
- 8:00pm – Light refreshments included
- 8:30pm – Photography resumes
- 10:00pm – Finish
- Camera and lenses suitable for this event
- Spare Batteries and Memory Card
- Tripod – Remote Cable Release
- A list of ideas, help, questions etc that you would like help with
- Appropriate Outdoor/Wet Weather clothing as you will be outside for most of this event
what will happen
September at the Anglesey Photographic Academy Evening is all about photography in the great outdoors – in particular, seascapes, landscapes and if conditions are right, long exposures and shooting in low-light. This session will take place in the lovely setting of Beaumaris and after a warm welcome, introductions and helpful hints and tips to get the best from your camera which will help you to make some great images we will head for the pier and surrounding areas to get creative.
Come and join us and the Welshot Team at the David Hughes Community Centre, Beaumaris, Anglesey and be prepared to make and create some stunning images, learn a thing or three about using your camera, have some fun and make some new friends.
Beginners are welcome and actively encouraged at Welshot with all help, guidance and support given – on a One to One basis and in a group.
Light refreshments are included.
Image Credit: Stephen Bell
what to expect at an academy evening
Academy Evenings are PERFECT for the beginner just starting out on their photographic journey.
Academy Evenings are where you will meet other Welshotters in a relaxed and informal environment – these are the best way to get to know how Welshot works and how we can help you. They are informal, relaxed and are considered a monthly social gathering for many of our Welshotters. They offer “Taster” sessions, covering many genres, to our larger, more extensive Workshops and Events.
With the help of the Welshot Team you will be given all the support, guidance and tuition that you need to help you get the best from your camera – regardless of your skill level so please join us on what promises to be a fun and creative Welshot Academy Evening.
Supper is included in the cost of this event.
Academy Evenings are “The” best way for you to do the following:
- Help you to get to know how your camera works in a variety of settings and conditions. Giving you transferable skills to use anywhere.
- Let’s you practice different sorts of genres, techniques and equipment – before you commit, a chance to see if it is for you.
- Increase your range of portfolio images, make stock images and skill level.
- Networking – Team and Fellow Welshotters are a valuable source of information, know-how, experience and contacts.
- Help you to find out more about Welshot, how we can help you with YOUR photography.
- Help us to get to know YOU better – when we know what it is YOU want and how we can help you with your photography.