- This event has passed.
Re-Create a Hollywood Image – Manchester Photographic Academy Evening
Wed, November 15, 2017 @ 6:30 pm - 10:00 pm£35.00
you will learn
- How to use your camera settings and functions
- How to shoot with one studio light
- How to shoot with one off camera flash light
- How to set up the light yourself
- How to position the light
- How to use a light meter
- How to shoot classic lighting styles.
- How to think creatively
- What Welshot can do for you and your photography
- 6:20pm – Doors to function room open
- 6:30pm – Photography starts
- 8:00pm – Supper – included
- 8:30pm – Photography resumes
- 10:00pm – Finish
- Camera and lenses suitable for this event
- Spare Batteries and Memory Card
- Tripod – Remote Cable Release (if applicable for this event)
- A list of ideas, help, questions etc that you would like to discuss with those in your group
- Appropriate Outdoor/Wet Weather clothing (if applicable for this event)
what will happen
Tonight, at the Welshot Photographic Academy Evening in Manchester based at fivefourstudios we will be using just ONE Light only and we will be re-creating those Hollywood style photos – using both Studio and Off Camera Flash equipment, you will be learning to make and create a variety of images with very different results and looks. You will be learning three valuable techniques that you will be able to take with you every time you shoot in a studio or OFC situations, Rembrandt, Butterfly and Side lighting (otherwise known as split lighting).
Tonight, at fivefourstudios in Manchester you will have all the support, guidance and help that you need, from One to One to group tuition you will be taken through every step to help you to produce stunning photographs to be proud of.
The beauty of using just one light means it is relatively easy to do in your own home and is portable – learn these three techniques and you’ve just upped your skill level which will help you within your photography journey.
A brilliant session for the beginner and a great chance to get some images for the more advanced of those among you as there will be plenty of One on One time with the Team Leader as well as the model.
Image Credit: Chris Couchman
what to expect at an academy evening
Academy Evenings are PERFECT for the beginner just starting out on their photographic journey.
Academy Evenings are where you will meet other Welshotters in a relaxed and informal environment – these are the best way to get to know how Welshot works and how we can help you. They are informal, relaxed and are considered a monthly social gathering for many of our Welshotters. They offer “Taster” sessions, covering many genres, to our larger, more extensive Workshops and Events.
With the help of the Welshot Team you will be given all the support, guidance and tuition that you need to help you get the best from your camera – regardless of your skill level so please join us on what promises to be a fun and creative Welshot Academy Evening.
Supper is included in the cost of this event.
Academy Evenings are “The” best way for you to do the following:
- Help you to get to know how your camera works in a variety of settings and conditions. Giving you transferable skills to use anywhere.
- Let’s you practice different sorts of genres, techniques and equipment – before you commit, a chance to see if it is for you.
- Increase your range of portfolio images, make stock images and skill level.
- Networking – Team and Fellow Welshotters are a valuable source of information, know-how, experience and contacts.
- Help you to find out more about Welshot, how we can help you with YOUR photography.
- Help us to get to know YOU better – when we know what it is YOU want and how we can help you with your photography.