- This event has passed.
Re-Create a Grand Masters – Chester Photographic Academy Evening
Thursday 20 February 2020 @ 6:30 pm – 10:00 pm
You Will Learn
- How to use your camera settings and functions
- How to use studio lighting for portraiture
- How to work with models
- How use lighting and other techniques to capture creative images
- How to think creatively
- What Welshot can do for you and your photography
- 6:20pm – Doors to function room open – Please wait in the lounge area of the hotel until you are greeted
- 6:30pm – Photography starts
- 8:00pm – Supper – included
- 8:30pm – Photography resumes
- 10:00pm – Finish
- Camera and lenses suitable for this event
- Spare Batteries and Memory Card
- A list of ideas, help, questions etc that you would like help with
What Will Happen
Inspired by the Grand Masters both historical and modern, Recreating Grand Masters is a fantastic themed photo-shoot from the Welshot Photographic Academy. A popular event for our Welshot Delegates which has created some amazing photography in the past – it is fun, creative and is designed to inspire as well as help you to learn about lighting, mains studio flash and how to work with Models.
Our models will be Male and Female, and you will be using Mains Studio Flash – with two different set-ups throughout the evening making this a great opportunity to learn about all things photographic studio lighting. You will be encouraged, once you have shot the specially set-up scene to mix it up a little with your own thoughts and ideas.
Come and join us and the Welshot Team at the Chester Crowne Plaza and be prepared to make and create some stunning images, learn a thing or three, have some fun and make some new friends.
Beginners are welcome and actively encouraged at Welshot with all help, guidance and support given.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT AN ACADEMY EVENING
Academy Evenings are PERFECT for the beginner just starting out on their photographic journey.
Academy Evenings are where you will meet other Welshotters in a relaxed and informal environment – these are the best way to get to know how Welshot works and how we can help you. They are informal, relaxed and are considered a monthly social gathering for many of our Welshotters. They offer “Taster” sessions, covering many genres, to our larger, more extensive Workshops and Events.
With the help of the Welshot Team you will be given all the support, guidance and tuition that you need to help you get the best from your camera – regardless of your skill level so please join us on what promises to be a fun and creative Welshot Academy Evening.
Supper is included in the cost of this event.
Academy Evenings are “The” best way for you to do the following:
- Help you to get to know how your camera works in a variety of settings and conditions. Giving you transferable skills to use anywhere.
- Let’s you practice different sorts of genres, techniques and equipment – before you commit, a chance to see if it is for you.
- Increase your range of portfolio images, make stock images and skill level.
- Networking – Team and Fellow Welshotters are a valuable source of information, know-how, experience and contacts.
- Help you to find out more about Welshot, how we can help you with YOUR photography.
- Help us to get to know YOU better – when we know what it is YOU want and how we can help you with your photography.