- This event has passed.
Post Processing For Beginners – Adobe Photoshop, Elements & Lightroom and Serif Affinity
Sunday 20 October @ 10:30 am – 5:30 pm
YOU WILL LEARN
- Chance to ask questions and get any help you need on a One to One basis
- To understand the differences between Lightroom, Photoshop, Bridge and Adobe Camera Raw
- How to import photographs into Lightroom and create simple catalogues
- Processing a raw image in Lightroom or Adobe Camera Raw
- Cropping and resizing an image in Photoshop or Lightroom
- The basic tools of Photoshop and what they do
- Workflow – How to organise and look after your images
- Understanding layers in Photoshop
- Getting to grips with Serif Affinity Photo, learning about its features and abilities
- One to One tuition will be available
- 10:15am – Doors to function room open – please wait in lounge area until you are greeted
- 10:25am – Welcome
- 10.30am – Sessions start
- 1:30pm – Lunch (included)
- 2:30pm – Sessions resume
- 5:30pm – Finish
- Your Laptop with Adobe software pre-loaded, notebook and pen
Images – either on your computer or on a hard drive
Camera and lenses suitable for this event
- Spare Batteries and Memory Card
- A list of ideas, help, questions etc that you would like to discuss with those in your group
WHAT WILL HAPPEN
Leading on from our previous Post Processing events – these sessions are designed to act as both a “Stand Alone” or “Continued Learning”building on what you have already learnt previously. Welshot events are great for getting those fantastic images – but what do you do with them once you get them off your camera. To help answer that question we are running a post processing day introducing you to the basics of processing and explaining the options you have which will enhance your images.
With no more than 6 people per table, per session, we will guarantee that all your post processing questions will be answered, and you will be, by the end of the day, leave with the technical know-how to be confident in your workflow and post processing, enabling you to work on your photographs from the comfort of your own home.
The day will consist of a wide variety of sessions covering a whole range of post processing techniques all aimed with the beginner to intermediate skill level in mind. You will be able to choose the sessions (tables) you attend, and they will be run in round-robin style throughout the day. The sessions will be repeated throughout the day, so you will be able to attend at least five sessions.
You will need to bring your laptop and we will be covering:
- Adobe Photoshop CC
- Adobe Lightroom
- Adobe Photoshop Elements
- Serif Affinity Photo
We will have a large Welshot Team on hand to help you get started with your post processing and give you the skills and techniques to move forward and for those who are a little more confident there will also be an opportunity to gain more advanced skills
There will be an opportunity to have One to One time with various Welshot Team Leaders should you need to discuss specifics
WHAT TO EXPECT AT AN FULL DAY ACADEMY WORKSHOP
Our full day events are more extensive and intensive (in detail and length) than our Academy Evenings but they are still a place where you will meet other Welshotters and designed to help you learn in a fun, creative and inspiring environment. In most cases it does not matter what camera you use or what skill level you are, there will always be someone on hand to help you get the best from YOUR camera. However, if you are unsure please do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com or phone 01248719126 and we will do all we can to help you.