- This event has passed.
Portmeirion in Summer – Colours, Shapes & Textures – Photographic Mini Module & Masterclass
Sunday 19 July 2020 @ 11:30 am – 4:30 pm
You Will Learn
- How to use your camera settings and functions
- How to shoot architectural photography
- How to compose and shoot your images
- How shooting in black and white / colour gives different results
- How to capture the summer landscape in your camera
- How to shoot for HDR
- How to think creatively and “See” an image
- What Welshot can do for you and your photography
- 11:20am – Meet at the ticket office for Portmeirion
- 11:30am – Welcome, Information, and Instructions
- 11:35am – Photography starts, including Group and One to One Tuition as needed
- Break for lunch – Not included
- 3:00pm – Masterclass – Shooting for HDR
- 3:30pm – Photography resumes – Group and One to One tuition as needed
- 4:30pm – Finish
- Camera and lenses suitable for this event – Wide angle if possible or standard zoom
- Spare Batteries and Memory Card
- Tripod / Cable release if you have one
- Entrance and refreshment money
- A list of ideas, help, questions etc that you would like to discuss with those in your group
What Will Happen
The beautiful Italian village of Portmeirion in Porthmadog, North Wales is the venue for this Summer Welshot Photographic Mini Module and Masterclass. From learning how to shoot for High Dynamic images (HDR) to capturing the colour, textures and shapes of this amazing venue in your camera
Built by Sir William Clough-Ellis between 1925 and 1975, he brought the glamour and the beauty of the Italian Riviera here to North Wales and this will be were we will put our cameras to the challenge of capturing the spirit and essence of Portmeirion.
For this Mini Module, with camera in hand, you will explore the village that was made famous by Patrick McGoohan in The Prisoner, taking in the magnificent architecture and the incredible array of plants and flowers that decorate the village. There will be a chance to walk in the forests, capture seascapes, landscapes as well as try your hand at macro photography too.
The Welshot Team will be at hand throughout the day to assist and help you get the best from your camera, so you can leave at the end of the day with memory cards full of beautiful photographs and great memories.
Image Credit: Sarah Horrocks
Please Note: This event does not include food or refreshments. You can either purchase food and drink in the village or you can bring your own. You will also need to pay an entrance fee – further details can be found here: https://portmeirion.wales/visit/plan-your-visit/tickets
Please Note: Mini Modules do not include food or refreshments and if applicable they are delegates own responsibility.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT A WELSHOT PHOTOGRAPHIC MINI-MODULE
The Welshot Mini-Module (with Masterclasses) events are a mixture of Academy Evenings and Full Day Events – Four to five hours in length and usually outside.
They are designed so delegates can meet-up with other photographers in a safe environment in many different locations to learn how to get the best from their camera but also have the flexibility to be creative.
A variety of photographic genres will be covered, and each event will have a photo-walkabout, were you are free to roam but still feel the benefit of the Welshot guidance, support and tuition if needed as well as being in an inspiring, fun, creative, safe and secure group environment.
Each event will have a dedicated Mini-Masterclass which covers a genre usually lasting about one to two hours.
These events will range in price – from £28.00 to £50.00 for Welshot Members and some you will even be able to use your Academy Evening vouchers to book your place.
Non-Members are also welcome to attend, you just pay a little more.
It does not matter what camera you use* or what skill level you are, there will always be someone on hand to help you get the best from YOUR camera. However, if you are unsure please do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com or phone 01248719126 and we will do all we can to help you.
Please Note: Food, refreshments, travel, insurance and entrance fees (if applicable) are the responsibility of the delegate.
*Please be aware some cameras – depending on specifications and functionality may not be able to work in all situations but here at Welshot we are committed to helping you to get the very best from your camera in every situation
Welshot Photographic Academy Mini-Modules are “The” best way for you to do the following:
- Help you to get to know how your camera works in a variety of settings and conditions. Giving you transferable skills to use anywhere.
- Let’s you practice different sorts of genres, techniques and equipment – before you commit, a chance to see if it is for you.
- Increase your range of portfolio images, make stock images and skill level.
- Networking – Team and Fellow Welshotters are a valuable source of information, know-how, experience and contacts.
- Help you to find out more about Welshot, how we can help you with YOUR photography.
- Help us to get to know YOU better – when we know what it is YOU want and how we can help you with your photography.