- This event has passed.
Personal Projects – Get Inspired – Chester Photographic Academy Evening
Thu January 17 @ 6:30 pm - 10:00 pm£35.00
you will learn
- What is a Personal Photographic Project
- How to choose a project that is right for you
- How to start your photographic project
- How to create an opportunity from your photographic project
- How to stay motivated and inspired
- What Welshot can do for you and your photography
- 6:20pm – Doors to function room open – please wait in the lounge area until we greet you.
- 6:30pm – Session starts
- 8:00pm – Supper – included
- 8:30pm – Session resumes
- 10:00pm – Finish
- Notebook and pen
- Questions and an open mind
what will happen
Personal Projects – Get Inspired… Is returning! Hailed as the push people needed to “Just Get Started” within their own personal photographic projects – we are once again running this very popular event to help inspire, motivate and help you to make 2019 the year YOU do something with your own personal photography. The Evening will be full of wonderful photos, tales of how they were taken and what opportunities have arisen for the photographers because they just started on their own personal photographic projects. Tonight at this Welshot Photographic Academy Evening based at the Chester Crowne Plaza we will be joined by a selection of Welshot Members and they will, through imagery and words, show you how you to can make a photographic project work for you. Whether that is to get published, make a living, enter a major competition or to develop your skills and techniques on a personal level – no matter your goal or ambition, Tonight will have leaving full of motivation and ideas for your 2019 photographic journey.
This event will only be held at the Chester Academy Evening.
- Helen Iles – Mountaineer and Guide
- James Farley – Wedding and Stock Photographer
- Derek Buick – Street Photographer
- Kris Williams – Astro – Timelapse – Mountain – Nightscape Photographer
- Jason Edwards – Portraiture
Come and join us and the Welshot Team at the Crowne Plaza in Chester and be prepared to be inspired, motivated, learn a thing or three, have some fun and make some new friends.
Beginners are welcome and actively encouraged at Welshot with all help, guidance and support you need on a One to One basis and in a friendly group environment.
Supper is included.
Image Credit: Helen Iles
what to expect at an academy evening
Academy Evenings are PERFECT for the beginner just starting out on their photographic journey.
Academy Evenings are where you will meet other Welshotters in a relaxed and informal environment – these are the best way to get to know how Welshot works and how we can help you. They are informal, relaxed and are considered a monthly social gathering for many of our Welshotters. They offer “Taster” sessions, covering many genres, to our larger, more extensive Workshops and Events.
With the help of the Welshot Team you will be given all the support, guidance and tuition that you need to help you get the best from your camera – regardless of your skill level so please join us on what promises to be a fun and creative Welshot Academy Evening.
Supper is included in the cost of this event.
Academy Evenings are “The” best way for you to do the following:
- Help you to get to know how your camera works in a variety of settings and conditions. Giving you transferable skills to use anywhere.
- Let’s you practice different sorts of genres, techniques and equipment – before you commit, a chance to see if it is for you.
- Increase your range of portfolio images, make stock images and skill level.
- Networking – Team and Fellow Welshotters are a valuable source of information, know-how, experience and contacts.
- Help you to find out more about Welshot, how we can help you with YOUR photography.
- Help us to get to know YOU better – when we know what it is YOU want and how we can help you with your photography.