- This event has passed.
Off Camera Flash for Beginners – Chester Photographic Mini Module Masterclass
Sunday 16 February @ 11:00 am – 3:00 pm
You Will Learn
- How to use your camera settings and functions
- How to use off camera flash
- How to use natural & ambient Light
- How to use reflectors and modifiers
- How to use the location background in your photography
- How to work and pose models
- How to think creatively
- What Welshot can do for you and your photography
- 10.50am – Meet in the lounge area of the Chester Crowne Plaza – Welcome
- 11:00pm – Photography starts
- 1.30pm – Quick coffee break and comfort stop if needed
- 2.00pm – Photography resumes
- 3:00pm – Finish
- Please Note: This Mini Modules does not include food or refreshments.
- Camera and lenses suitable for this event
- Spare Batteries and Memory Card
- A list of ideas, help, questions etc that you would like to discuss with those in your group
- If you have any questions on what to bring please email Eifion on email@example.com
What Will Happen
Another Afternoon Mini-Module, specifically designed for the beginner to learn a new skill and technique – Off Camera Flash Photography – while taking part in a fun and friendly photo-shoot arranged by the Welshot Photographic Academy.
More advanced in your Off Camera skills? Then this is the chance for you to hone those techniques and work on getting some great images for your portfolio.
This event will give you the opportunity to work in a small group with guaranteed One to One tuition as well as group tuition throughout the day. You will also be able to perfect your “Working with Models” and posing skills along the way – all while creating strong, full of impact photos for your portfolio
Using the historic and atmospheric backdrop of the Chester Rows and surrounding areas your fantastic model(s) will be dressed in a variety of outfits ensuring you capture a wide range of images in your camera for your portfolio as well as leave the day more confident in using Off Camera Flash and Natural/Ambient light as a technique in your photography.
We will be using Off Camera Flash and Natural and Ambient lighting for this event. The shoot will be an outside event and will be sure to provide you with many photographs to enhance your portfolio.
Beginners are welcome and actively encouraged at Welshot with all help, guidance and support given.
Image Credit: Keith Harris
Please Note: Mini Modules do not include food or refreshments and if applicable they are delegates own responsibility.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT A WELSHOT PHOTOGRAPHIC MINI-MODULE
The Welshot Mini-Module (with Masterclasses) events are a mixture of Academy Evenings and Full Day Events – Four to five hours in length and usually outside.
They are designed so delegates can meet-up with other photographers in a safe environment in many different locations to learn how to get the best from their camera but also have the flexibility to be creative.
A variety of photographic genres will be covered, and each event will have a photo-walkabout, were you are free to roam but still feel the benefit of the Welshot guidance, support and tuition if needed as well as being in an inspiring, fun, creative, safe and secure group environment.
Each event will have a dedicated Mini-Masterclass which covers a genre usually lasting about one to two hours.
These events will range in price – from £28.00 to £50.00 for Welshot Members and some you will even be able to use your Academy Evening vouchers to book your place.
Non-Members are also welcome to attend, you just pay a little more.
It does not matter what camera you use* or what skill level you are, there will always be someone on hand to help you get the best from YOUR camera. However, if you are unsure please do not hesitate to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01248719126 and we will do all we can to help you.
Please Note: Food, refreshments, travel, insurance and entrance fees (if applicable) are the responsibility of the delegate.
*Please be aware some cameras – depending on specifications and functionality may not be able to work in all situations but here at Welshot we are committed to helping you to get the very best from your camera in every situation
Welshot Photographic Academy Mini-Modules are “The” best way for you to do the following:
- Help you to get to know how your camera works in a variety of settings and conditions. Giving you transferable skills to use anywhere.
- Let’s you practice different sorts of genres, techniques and equipment – before you commit, a chance to see if it is for you.
- Increase your range of portfolio images, make stock images and skill level.
- Networking – Team and Fellow Welshotters are a valuable source of information, know-how, experience and contacts.
- Help you to find out more about Welshot, how we can help you with YOUR photography.
- Help us to get to know YOU better – when we know what it is YOU want and how we can help you with your photography.