- This event has passed.
Macro and Nature Photography – Snowdonia and Anglesey with Victoria Woolley
Sat June 30 @ 10:00 am - Sun July 1 @ 6:30 pm£180.00 - £300.00
you will learn
- How to use your cameras settings and functions for macro, close-up and nature photography
- How to use a macro lens
- How to shoot macro and close-up photography
- How to shoot landscapes and seascapes
- How to think creatively and work in a natural environment
- How to photograph flora and fauna
- What Welshot can do for you and your photography
- 10.00am – Meet at Victoria Hotel – Menai Bridge – head for first location
- 10.35am – Photography starts
- 12.30pm – Head for in Moelfre Waterfront – Picnic Lunch – Included
- 2.00pm – Head for Cemaes Bay – Photography
- 4.30pm – Head for South Stack – Photography
- 6.30pm – Subject to conditions we will either finish or carry on until late
- 9.00am – Victoria Hotel, Menai Bridge or 10.00am at Cwm Idwal Car Park, Snowdonia
- 10.15am – Walk up to the Cwm – Photography starts
- 1.00pm – Head for in Moel Siabod Café Lunch – Included
- 2.00pm – Head for Llyn Mymbur and onto Beddgelert – Photography
- 6.30pm – Finish
- Camera and lenses suitable for this event
- Spare Batteries and Memory Card
- A list of ideas, help, questions etc that you would like to discuss with those in your group
- Appropriate Outdoor/Wet Weather clothing (if applicable for this event)
what will happen
Anglesey and Snowdonia North Wales, with its superb light, wonderful landscapes and a dramatic and exciting coastline, lakes and rivers. What could be a more perfect location for the Welshot Photographic Academy Macro, Nature and Landscape Photography with Victoria Woolley event – these day(s) will have it all and is sure to please the photographer who likes nothing more to be outside with a camera, enjoying what nature has to offer.
This event will be perfect for the photographer who loves, macro, close-up and nature photography but will have something for the landscape and seascape photographer too.
Saturday 30th June 2018
Leaving from the Victoria Hotel in Menai Bridge we will travel to Penmon, then head for Moelfre a beautiful and picturesque fishing village complete with rock pools and dramatic cliff faces – this is where we will have a picnic lunch before then heading for the Cemaes Bay Nature Reserve for the next few hours. Then we head to South Stack for a completely new photography experience.
Sunday 1st July 2018
You can either meet us at the Victoria Hotel at 9.00am or meet us at the Cwn Idwal car park in Snowdonia at 10.00am where we will be heading up towards the Cwm where we will spend most of the morning before heading to the Moel Siabod Café for lunch. We will then head towards Llyn Mymbur in Capel Curig and then onto Beddgelert for a photographic ramble along the river
You can either choose to do one day or both days. Details and information will be sent to you a few days before the actual event. We can arrange accommodation for you at the Victoria Hotel in Menai Bridge should you wish to do so. Please contact Lee on email@example.com if you would like further information.
Depending on the conditions of the day(s) – we may stay on after 6.30pm to catch a sunset but whatever the day brings – Victoria Woolley (Victoria Hillman) who is an expert in this field within the photographic industry is sure to please and delight all delegates with her expert knowledge and her willingness to share on this days adventure.
As with all things Mother Nature – we cannot guarantee the weather and even the flora, fauna, bird and wildlife might not be on our side but Victoria along with the entire Welshot team will get you thinking creatively and you will be shown more than a handful of hints, tips and techniques. We also reserve the right to change the photographic locations.
One to One as well as group tuition will be given and you have as much guidance and support as you wish for. With the help of the Welshot Team you will be given all the support, guidance and tuition that you need to help you get the best from your camera – regardless of your skill level so please join us on what promises to be a fun and creative Welshot Academy Event.
For those with an interest in “Stock” images or in selling their work, these types of images are highly marketable and are a valuable addition to your photographic portfolio.
Lunch is included in this event HOWEVER, we also suggest bringing enough food, drink and snacks to get you through a long day of fun and creative photography.
Image Credit: Victoria Woolley
what to expect at an full day academy workshop
Our full day events are more extensive and intensive (in detail and length) than our Academy Evenings but they are still a place where you will meet other Welshotters and designed to help you learn in a fun, creative and inspiring environment. In most cases it does not matter what camera you use or what skill level you are, there will always be someone on hand to help you get the best from YOUR camera. However, if you are unsure please do not hesitate to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01248719126 and we will do all we can to help you.