- This event has passed.
Low-Light & Long Exposure – St Asaph Cathedral – Roving Photographic Academy Evening
Tue January 29 @ 6:30 pm - 10:00 pm£35.00
you will learn
- How to use your cameras settings and functions
- How to make a long exposure
- How to shoot in lowlight
- How to shoot for HDR.
- How to think creatively
- How to light paint – paint buildings with light
- How to shoot exteriors and architecture
- 6:20pm – Meet in St Aspah Cathedral Car Park
- 6:30pm – Fish and Chip Supper (included)
- 7:30pm – Photography starts
- 10:00pm – Finish
- Camera and lenses suitable for this event
- Spare Batteries and Memory Card
- Tripod – Remote Cable Release (if applicable for this event)
- A list of ideas, help, questions etc that you would like to discuss with those in your group
- Appropriate Outdoor/Wet Weather clothing (if applicable for this event)
what will happen
Our very first “Roving Academy Evening” for 2019 is all about Low-Light and Long Exposure Photography. The location is the beautiful and historical St Asaph Cathedral and then onto the Marble Church in Bodelwyddan just off the A55 in North Wales. While we will be concentrating on Long Exposures and learning how to photograph in low-light conditions there will be plenty of time to learn some HDR techniques and grab some close-up details if you would like. We will also learning the “Painting with Light” technique and showing you how to add light onto your buildings to give them that WOW factor.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to adverse weather reports (Heavy Snowfall and Rain) this event has been postponed to Tuesday 29th January 2019 (and is not on the currently advertised 22/01/2019 date)
Perfect for the complete beginner – we will guide, support and help you every step of the way and you will get plenty of tuition – group and one to one.
So, charge your battery, grab your camera and come join us for some fun, laughter and photography at the beach.
Image Credit: Eifion Williams
what to expect at a Roving Academy Evening
Academy Evenings are PERFECT for the beginner just starting out on their photographic journey.
Welshot is coming to Conwy… And to Llandudno, Rhos on Sea, St Asaph, Colwyn Bay, Abergele and other surrounding areas…
The Welshot Photographic Academy, “Roving” Academy Evenings will be in a different North Wales location every Month covering a number of Photographic genres – mainly outside but always with a bit of a challenge for you and your camera.
These Evenings are perfect for the beginner, the photographer who has just picked up a camera and want to learn how to get the best from it in a fun, friendly, non-competitive and fun environment.
Not a beginner? That’s fine too, each month is designed to help you to think a little differently – help you get out of your photography rut – help you get out of your comfort zone – push you a little to achieve a photographic goal or ambition that you may have.
Basing ourselves at a different location EVERY fourth Thursday of the Month this is the ideal Academy Evening for those who want to go out and about with a group of like-minded people and all with the guidance, support and tuition from Team Leaders that Welshot has become well-known for.
Depending on the location & venue of the evening will determine where we will eat… But, never fear there will always be Welshot Chips.
All you need is a willingness to:
- Have some fun
- Learn your camera
- Think outside the box when it comes to taking pictures
- Eat Chips…We would love to see you at our “Roving” Academy Evening