- This event has passed.
Longest Day – Dawn till Dusk Landscape and Seascape Photography – Anglesey and Snowdonia
June 24, 2017 @ 3:00 am - 11:30 pm£180.00
you will learn
what will happen
Anglesey and Snowdonia in the beautiful surroundings of North Wales, with its superb light, wonderful landscapes and a dramatic and exciting coastline, lakes and rivers. What could be a more perfect location for the Welshot Photographic Academy annual “Longest Day of Photography” event with Kris Williams leading the Welshot Team.
From setting up your tripod at 3.00am to capture the light as the sun rises to the setting of the sun at the end of the day in another location, chosen to ensure you get the best possible image to take home for your collection this day will have it all for the outdoor photographer – landscape, seascape, macro and nature.
We will even be able to do some low-light and long exposures if conditions are right – if it can be made and captured in the great outdoors then you and your camera will only be limited by your imagination.
Breakfast, which is included, will be at the Victoria Hotel in Menai Bridge along with a hot mug of something steaming will be the perfect interlude, after the early morning on the coast but before we head off into the mountains of Snowdonia.
Leaving the Victoria Hotel in Menai Bridge we will travel to Cwm Idwal for a short, easy ramble up towards the lake – stopping along the route to capture the beautiful landscape around us.
Lunch will be at the Moel Siabod café in Capel Curig, which is also included and will be sure to replenish the body and soul before we head into a full afternoon and evenings photography.
As is normal at this stage – we leave timings, location and activities in a state of flux and flexibility as weather, light and local happenings will dictate the course we take and the Welshot team leaders will be keeping you informed as you go along – Be in no doubt however that you will be busy, you will be making pictures and learning new photographic techniques and we will end the day (at about 11.30pm) in a stunning location.
As with all things Mother Nature – we cannot guarantee the weather or light conditions but with the entire Welshot team helping and guiding you with their expertise and knowledge you will be thinking creatively and you will be shown more than a handful of hints, tips and techniques to get the most from your camera and the day itself.
One to One as well as group tuition will be given and you have as much guidance and support as you wish for. With the help of the Welshot Team you will be given all the support, guidance and tuition that you need to help you get the best from your camera – regardless of your skill level so please join us on what promises to be a fun and creative Welshot Academy event.
For those with an interest in “Stock” images or in selling their work, these types of images are highly marketable and are a valuable addition to your photographic portfolio.
Breakfast and lunch is included but we suggest bringing enough food, drink and snacks to get you through a long day of fun and creative photography, especially for late afternoon and evening.
Details and information will be sent to you a few days before the actual event.
Car sharing will be available and you will be able to leave your car either at the Victoria Hotel in Menai Bridge or at the “Park and Ride” nearer to the Britannia bridge just off the A55.
We can arrange accommodation for you at the Victoria Hotel in Menai Bridge should you wish to do so. Please contact Lee on firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like further information.
Photographic Credit: Kris Williams
what to expect at an full day academy workshop
Our full day events are more extensive and intensive (in detail and length) than our Academy Evenings but they are still a place where you will meet other Welshotters and designed to help you learn in a fun, creative and inspiring environment. In most cases it does not matter what camera you use or what skill level you are, there will always be someone on hand to help you get the best from YOUR camera. However, if you are unsure please do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com or phone 01248719126 and we will do all we can to help you.
The not so small, small print - Welshot Full day events
- You have the right to cancel your purchase with 14 days of booking, provided there are more than 14 days until the workshop. In the event that there are less than 14 days between your booking and the actual event, this will be at the discretion of Welshot. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01248719126 to discuss. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Numbers are restricted and are proportionate to Team Leaders and Model(s). Group sizes and compositions will be at the discretion of Welshot.
- Unless specified, delegates are responsible for their own refreshments, travel and accommodation. Please ensure we are informed of any dietary requirements you may have beforehand if we are providing catering. We cannot be held responsible for any errors or omissions made by yourself and/or by third parties.
- Booking may be transferred up to 30 days of the event taking place but only to another like-for-like event of the same value or higher that is currently being advertised at full price and within 3 months of the original event date.
- Within 30 days of this event taking place, transfers are at the absolute discretion of Welshot but you must email email@example.com and this needs to be at least 5 working days of event. Transfers will not be considered within 5 working days of this event taking place.
- Unfortunately we are unable to refund or transfer any monies if you fail to attend any Welshot event, regardless of the reason/circumstance.
- Bookings are unable to be transferred to other persons under any circumstances.
- We reserve the right to change, either fully or in part of, any module/session of this event for one(s) of suitable quality and appropriateness. However, we will endeavor to inform you of any changes as soon as possible.
- If you have any problems or concerns at this event please let us know immediately. We can then make sure we do our best to resolve any issues. We need to know during the event – not after, so we can help you.
- E&OE - 28 April 2017