- This event has passed.
Lifestyle Meets High Fashion – Off Camera Flash Photography – Anglesey Academy Evening
Wednesday 28 August 2019 @ 6:30 pm – 10:00 pm
YOU WILL LEARN
- How to use your camera settings and functions
- How to use off camera flash
- How to use natural light
- How to follow a brief for Editorial usage
- How to work with Models
- How to think creatively
- How to shoot in a variety of locations
- How to create stunning images for your portfolio
- What Welshot can do for you and your photography
- Doors to the community centre will open at 6.15pm – Grab yourself a drink from the kitchen
- 6:30pm – Photography Starts
- 8:00pm – Supper – Included
- 8:30pm – Photography Resumes
- 10:00pm – Finish
- Lenses – 50ml 1.8 is ideal – the faster the better. A short zoom/kit lens is also idea – but we can work with any lens
- Spare Batteries and Memory Card
WHAT WILL HAPPEN
At the August Welshot Photographic Anglesey Academy Evening, it will be all about capturing our beautiful models wearing “High Fashion” in an on location photo-shoot with a “Lifestyle” feel in camera. With an “Editorial Edge” style (clothing and technique) will team up with the backdrop of the historic Beaumaris, from pier to the fishermans cottages there will be no shortage of backdrops on this photographic event.
Off Camera Flash and natural light will be your lighting “Go to” which will give your images that WOW factor.
Think clean tailored classic lines, the latest fashion being worn by our beautiful models, in a historic seaside location of Beaumaris.
Come and join us and the Welshot Team in Beaumaris and be prepared to make and create some stunning images. learn a thing or three, have some fun and make some new friends.
From beautiful models being captured in your camera using off camera flash and natural light – this will be an event guaranteed to not only help you learn a new technique of three but will also get you some fantastic images for your photographic portfolio.
So, grab your camera, charge your batteries, bring extra memory cards because this date is going to be jam packed full of photographic fun for the photographer.
Beginners welcome (we encourage beginners at Welshot) and You will have all the help, guidance and support you need and want as well as time to yourself to be as creative with your only limitation being your imagination.
Numbers are restricted and are proportionate to Team Leaders and Model(s) – Groups are kept small and there is always a chance for 1:1 shooting time and time with Team Leaders. All Off-Camera Flash (OCF) – lighting equipment and modifiers will be supplied by Welshot
PLEASE NOTE: This is an OUTSIDE event and we will be shooting outside – while every possible attempt will be to provide undercover protection if needed due to adverse weather conditions we cannot guarantee this. We may need to change, modify or alter the running order and of the day’s events due to weather conditions.
Image Credit: Gill McGowan
WHAT TO EXPECT AT AN ACADEMY EVENING
Academy Evenings are PERFECT for the beginner just starting out on their photographic journey.
Academy Evenings are where you will meet other Welshotters in a relaxed and informal environment – these are the best way to get to know how Welshot works and how we can help you. They are informal, relaxed and are considered a monthly social gathering for many of our Welshotters. They offer “Taster” sessions, covering many genres, to our larger, more extensive Workshops and Events.
With the help of the Welshot Team you will be given all the support, guidance and tuition that you need to help you get the best from your camera – regardless of your skill level so please join us on what promises to be a fun and creative Welshot Academy Evening.
Supper is included in the cost of this event.
Academy Evenings are “The” best way for you to do the following:
- Help you to get to know how your camera works in a variety of settings and conditions. Giving you transferable skills to use anywhere.
- Let’s you practice different sorts of genres, techniques and equipment – before you commit, a chance to see if it is for you.
- Increase your range of portfolio images, make stock images and skill level.
- Networking – Team and Fellow Welshotters are a valuable source of information, know-how, experience and contacts.
- Help you to find out more about Welshot, how we can help you with YOUR photography.
- Help us to get to know YOU better – when we know what it is YOU want and how we can help you with your photography.