- This event has passed.
Learn Your Camera at the Ellesmere Port Boat Museum – Welshot Photographic Mini Module with Masterclass
Saturday 21 March 2020 @ 11:00 am – 4:00 pm
You Will Learn
- How to use your camera settings and functions
- How to use your exposure triangle to control your camera to get the images you want
- How to compose and shoot your images
- How shooting in black and white / colour gives different results
- How to balance between lowlight and outdoor lighting
- How to think creatively
- What Welshot can do for you and your photography
- 11.00pm – Meet at Ellesmere Port Boat Museum (National Waterways) – Please note there is an entrance fee of £9.75 – this ticket is valid for repeat visits within a 12 month period.
- Introduction to the days event.
- 11:15pm – Photography starts with a challenge – One to One and Group tuition will be available throughout the day
- 2.30pm – Masterclass – Composition Challenge
- 4,00pm – Finish
- Camera and lenses suitable for this event – Your kit lens your camera came with will be fine
- Spare Batteries and Memory Card
- Tripod / Cable release if you have one
- Entrance (£9.75) and refreshment money
- A list of ideas, help, questions etc that you would like to discuss with those in your group
What Will Happen
Would you like to get more from your camera? Would you like to know what all those buttons, settings, dials and knobs do? Lost your mojo when it comes to your photography? In a bit of a creative funk and want to be inspired and motivated – then this Welshot Photographic Mini-Module with a Masterclass is the right event for you.
This event is ideal for the complete beginner or the more experienced photographer.
At the Museum are a variety of subjects for you to photograph from Canal boats, Porters row cottages, Blacksmiths forge, Locks and Historic boats.
There are plenty of exhibits to challenge both yourself and your camera, both undercover and outdoors. The challenge for today is for you to use your camera off the auto settings.
Please Note: Mini Modules do not include food or refreshments and if applicable they are delegates own responsibility.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT A WELSHOT PHOTOGRAPHIC MINI-MODULE
The Welshot Mini-Module (with Masterclasses) events are a mixture of Academy Evenings and Full Day Events – Four to five hours in length and usually outside.
They are designed so delegates can meet-up with other photographers in a safe environment in many different locations to learn how to get the best from their camera but also have the flexibility to be creative.
A variety of photographic genres will be covered, and each event will have a photo-walkabout, were you are free to roam but still feel the benefit of the Welshot guidance, support and tuition if needed as well as being in an inspiring, fun, creative, safe and secure group environment.
Each event will have a dedicated Mini-Masterclass which covers a genre usually lasting about one to two hours.
These events will range in price – from £28.00 to £50.00 for Welshot Members and some you will even be able to use your Academy Evening vouchers to book your place.
Non-Members are also welcome to attend, you just pay a little more.
It does not matter what camera you use* or what skill level you are, there will always be someone on hand to help you get the best from YOUR camera. However, if you are unsure please do not hesitate to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01248719126 and we will do all we can to help you.
Please Note: Food, refreshments, travel, insurance and entrance fees (if applicable) are the responsibility of the delegate.
*Please be aware some cameras – depending on specifications and functionality may not be able to work in all situations but here at Welshot we are committed to helping you to get the very best from your camera in every situation
Welshot Photographic Academy Mini-Modules are “The” best way for you to do the following:
- Help you to get to know how your camera works in a variety of settings and conditions. Giving you transferable skills to use anywhere.
- Let’s you practice different sorts of genres, techniques and equipment – before you commit, a chance to see if it is for you.
- Increase your range of portfolio images, make stock images and skill level.
- Networking – Team and Fellow Welshotters are a valuable source of information, know-how, experience and contacts.
- Help you to find out more about Welshot, how we can help you with YOUR photography.
- Help us to get to know YOU better – when we know what it is YOU want and how we can help you with your photography.