How To Shoot with Gels – Off Camera Flash – Chester Photographic Academy Evening
Thu April 18 @ 6:30 pm - 10:00 pm£35.00
you will learn
- How to use your camera settings and functions
- How to use off camera flash
- How to use coloured gels effectively
- How to use a multiple light setup
- How to pose and work with models
- How to make your own coloured filters
- How to think creatively
- What Welshot can do for you and your photography
- 6:20pm – Doors to function room open – please wait in the Lounge until we greet you.
- 6:30pm – Session starts
- 8:00pm – Supper – included
- 8:30pm – Session resumes
- 10:00pm – Finish
- Lenses – 50ml 1.8 is ideal – the faster the better. But we can work with any lens
- Spare Batteries and Memory Card
- Tripod – Remote Cable Release
what will happen
A firm favourite with Welshot members has always been shooting with coloured gels. Tonight at the Welshot Photographic Academy Evening in Chester, based at the Crowne Plaza we will be using Off Camera Flash and working in a variety of indoor locations. You will learn about how to use OCF and gels in a creative way to light your Model up with coloured gels attached to the light source and how this will help to create truly stunning images. Using a colour wheel, you will also learn about which colours complement each other and how to avoid colour clashing.
This will be a fun and interactive academy evening that will ensure you leave with not only a new skill and technique having been mastered but also with some great photos for your collection. Please note – While we will always endeavour to make sure you go away with the images you want – creating bokeh depends on many factors, from speed of lens to the available light – You will however be shown all the techniques and skills to take away with you. Please ensure you bring your fastest lens.
Image Credit: Stephen Bell
what to expect at an academy evening
Academy Evenings are PERFECT for the beginner just starting out on their photographic journey.
Academy Evenings are where you will meet other Welshotters in a relaxed and informal environment – these are the best way to get to know how Welshot works and how we can help you. They are informal, relaxed and are considered a monthly social gathering for many of our Welshotters. They offer “Taster” sessions, covering many genres, to our larger, more extensive Workshops and Events.
With the help of the Welshot Team you will be given all the support, guidance and tuition that you need to help you get the best from your camera – regardless of your skill level so please join us on what promises to be a fun and creative Welshot Academy Evening.
Supper is included in the cost of this event.
Academy Evenings are “The” best way for you to do the following:
- Help you to get to know how your camera works in a variety of settings and conditions. Giving you transferable skills to use anywhere.
- Let’s you practice different sorts of genres, techniques and equipment – before you commit, a chance to see if it is for you.
- Increase your range of portfolio images, make stock images and skill level.
- Networking – Team and Fellow Welshotters are a valuable source of information, know-how, experience and contacts.
- Help you to find out more about Welshot, how we can help you with YOUR photography.
- Help us to get to know YOU better – when we know what it is YOU want and how we can help you with your photography.