- This event has passed.
How to shoot and post process HDR photographs – Anglesey Photographic Academy Evening
September 27, 2017 @ 6:30 pm - 10:00 pm£35.00
you will learn
- What is an HDR (High Dynamic Range) photograph
- How to shoot an HDR photograph
- How to post process an HDR Photograph
- How to use basic editing techniques for HDR and other purposes
- How to Re-size / Add Meta Data / Copyright your images
- How to add a watermark
- How to think creatively
- What Welshot can do for you and your photography
- 6:20pm – Doors to function room open
- 6:30pm – Photography starts – Outside shooting
- 8:00pm – Supper – included
- 8:30pm – Session resumes – inside with post processing
- 10:00pm – Finish
- Camera and lenses suitable for this event
- 2 photographs that you would like help with – Please bring on a memory stick/card
- Spare Batteries and Memory Card
- Tripod – Remote Cable Release (if applicable for this event)
- A list of ideas, help, questions etc that you would like to discuss with those in your group
- Appropriate Outdoor/Wet Weather clothing – You will be outside at this event
what will happen
Tonight, at the Welshot Photographic Academy Evening in Menai Bridge it’s all about shooting and making an HDR photograph. High Dynamic Range can be a useful skill and technique to learn and can be used in a variety of situations. If it is done correctly no one will event be able to tell your images/exposures have even been merged. Tonight, we will show you how to shoot and how to post process those images.
Once you have made your HDR images we will help you to get them off your camera, onto your laptop and then show you how, using various techniques within Adobe Photoshop you can make your images go from “Meh” to “Wow” This is a hands on session – bring your laptop and work through the step-by-step process yourself by following a Welshot Team Leader and you will go home with an image to be proud of.
Like everything with Adobe Photoshop – there are loads of ways to do your post processing so you will get great benefit from varying different ways of doing certain things from at least two Welshot Team Leaders.
We are also, time permitting, going to be showing you how to Re-Size, add Meta Data to your images, crop, watermark and add a vignette.
Image Credit: Eifion Williams
what to expect at an academy evening
Academy Evenings are PERFECT for the beginner just starting out on their photographic journey.
Academy Evenings are where you will meet other Welshotters in a relaxed and informal environment – these are the best way to get to know how Welshot works and how we can help you. They are informal, relaxed and are considered a monthly social gathering for many of our Welshotters. They offer “Taster” sessions, covering many genres, to our larger, more extensive Workshops and Events.
With the help of the Welshot Team you will be given all the support, guidance and tuition that you need to help you get the best from your camera – regardless of your skill level so please join us on what promises to be a fun and creative Welshot Academy Evening.
Supper is included in the cost of this event.
Academy Evenings are “The” best way for you to do the following:
- Help you to get to know how your camera works in a variety of settings and conditions. Giving you transferable skills to use anywhere.
- Let’s you practice different sorts of genres, techniques and equipment – before you commit, a chance to see if it is for you.
- Increase your range of portfolio images, make stock images and skill level.
- Networking – Team and Fellow Welshotters are a valuable source of information, know-how, experience and contacts.
- Help you to find out more about Welshot, how we can help you with YOUR photography.
- Help us to get to know YOU better – when we know what it is YOU want and how we can help you with your photography.
The not so small, small print - Welshot Academy evenings
- You have the right to cancel your purchase with 14 days of booking, provided there are more than 14 days until the workshop. In the event that there are less than 14 days between your booking and the actual event, this will be at the discretion of Welshot. Please contact email@example.com or phone 01248719126 to discuss. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Numbers are restricted and are proportionate to Team Leaders and Model(s). Group sizes and compositions will be at the discretion of Welshot.
- Subject to booking, food and refreshments will be made available during the course of the event. In the event that food and refreshments are unavailable, you will be advised during the booking process. Should the host venue be unable to supply food and/or refreshments during the event, Welshot cannot be held responsible. It is your responsibility to inform Welshot at the time of booking if you have any dietary requirements that may affect your health and wellbeing. Relevant catering suppliers will be notified of your dietary requirements but Welshot cannot accept any responsibility of errors and/or omissions made by third parties.
- Academy Evenings are non-refundable unless the event is cancelled by Welshot.
- Booking may be transferred up to 14 days of the event taking place but only to another like-for-like event of the same value or higher that is currently being advertised at full price and within 3 months of the original event date.
- Within 14 days of this event taking place, transfers are at the absolute discretion of Welshot but you must email firstname.lastname@example.org and this needs to be within 5 working days of event. Transfers will not be considered within 5 working days of this event taking place.
- Unfortunately we are unable to refund or transfer any monies if you fail to attend any Welshot event, regardless of the reason/circumstance.
- Bookings are unable to be transferred to other persons under any circumstances.
- We reserve the right to change, either fully or in part of, any module/session of this event for one(s) of suitable quality and appropriateness. However, we will endeavour to inform you of any changes as soon as possible.
- If you have any problems or concerns at this event please let us know immediately. We can then make sure we do our best to resolve any issues. We need to know during the event – not after, so we can help you.
E&OE - 28 April 2017