- This event has passed.
How Do I Photoshop That? Ellesmere Port Photographic Academy Evening
Tuesday 9 July 2019 @ 6:30 pm – 10:00 pm
YOU WILL LEARN
- How to get your images off the camera and into your editing software
- Basic editing techniques to get you started
- Hints and tips on using Adobe Editing Software
- How to use various techniques to make our images go from good to great – then to WOW
- A chance to ask specific “How to…” questions
- A chance to get feedback on any images you need help with
- How to think creatively
- What Welshot can do for you and your photography
- 6:20pm – Doors to function room open – Please wait in the lounge area of the main building until you are greeted
- 6:30pm – Photography starts
- 8:00pm – Supper – included
- 8:30pm – Photography resumes
- 10:00pm – Finish
- Your laptop should you wish to bring it
- Notebook and pen for taking notes
- A photo on a PEN drive that you would like some specific help with
- A list of ideas, help, questions etc that you would like help with
WHAT WILL HAPPEN
Tonight at the Welshot Ellesmere Port Photographic Academy Evening it is all about getting your images off your camera, onto your laptop and into your Adobe Photoshop (Lightroom or Elements) editing software to “Develop” your photograph.
We will help you to get them off your camera, onto your laptop and then show you how, using various techniques within Adobe Photoshop (we are able to also help with Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop Element should you wish) you can make your images go from “Meh” to “Wow” This is a hands on session – bring your laptop (if you wish) and work through the step-by-step process yourself by following a Welshot Team Leader and you will go home with an image to be proud of.
Like everything with Adobe Photoshop – there are loads of ways to do your post processing so you will get great benefit from varying different ways of doing certain things from at least two Welshot Team Leaders.
We are also, time permitting, going to be showing you how to Re-Size, add Meta Data to your images, crop, watermark and add a vignette.
At just £28 for Welshot Academy Members (£35.00 for Non-Members) this is an affordable way to learn. Come and join us and the Welshot Team and be prepared to make and create some stunning images, learn a thing or three, have some fun and make some new friends.
Supper is included in the cost of this event.
Image Credit: John Arnold
WHAT TO EXPECT AT AN ACADEMY EVENING
Academy Evenings are PERFECT for the beginner just starting out on their photographic journey.
Academy Evenings are where you will meet other Welshotters in a relaxed and informal environment – these are the best way to get to know how Welshot works and how we can help you. They are informal, relaxed and are considered a monthly social gathering for many of our Welshotters. They offer “Taster” sessions, covering many genres, to our larger, more extensive Workshops and Events.
With the help of the Welshot Team you will be given all the support, guidance and tuition that you need to help you get the best from your camera – regardless of your skill level so please join us on what promises to be a fun and creative Welshot Academy Evening.
A light buffet supper is included in the cost of this event.
Academy Evenings are “The” best way for you to do the following:
- Help you to get to know how your camera works in a variety of settings and conditions. Giving you transferable skills to use anywhere.
- Let’s you practice different sorts of genres, techniques and equipment – before you commit, a chance to see if it is for you.
- Increase your range of portfolio images, make stock images and skill level.
- Networking – Team and Fellow Welshotters are a valuable source of information, know-how, experience and contacts.
- Help you to find out more about Welshot, how we can help you with YOUR photography.
- Help us to get to know YOU better – when we know what it is YOU want and how we can help you with your photography.