- This event has passed.
Food Photography – Ellesmere Port Photographic Academy Evening
Tue August 14 @ 6:30 pm - 10:00 pm£35.00
you will learn
- How to use your camera settings and functions
- How to photograph food in different styles
- How to style your food
- How to light your food – studio and natural lighting
- How to create food images that can be used commercially
- How to use bokeh and blur to create a different look
- How to create a vision board
- How to think creatively
- What Welshot can do for you and your photography
- 6:20pm – Doors to function room open – please wait in the bar area until we greet you.
- 6:30pm – Photography starts
- 8:00pm – Supper – included
- 8:30pm – Photography resumes
- 10:00pm – Finish
- Spare Batteries and Memory Card
- Tripod – Remote Cable Release
what will happen
At this Welshot Photographic Academy Evening based at the Holiday Inn – Ellesmere Port you will be learning how to photograph food. This genre of photography is satisfying in many ways – you will not only be creating and making images that are valuable commercially (think Stock Imagery) but you will learn invaluable, transferable skills and techniques that will be useful in your photographic journey – such as styling, lighting, composition and camera skills. You will be shown how to style and compose your images – why certain foods suit different styling, when to use a “Flat-Lay” look (popular with bloggers) and what backgrounds work best – you will also learn how bokeh (blurring of the background) can enhance your images as well.
As with all things Welshot, there will be One to One as well as group tuition and there will always be support, guidance, help and support to make sure you get the images you desire.
Image Credit: Robert Prenton Jones
what to expect at an academy evening
Academy Evenings are PERFECT for the beginner just starting out on their photographic journey.
Academy Evenings are where you will meet other Welshotters in a relaxed and informal environment – these are the best way to get to know how Welshot works and how we can help you. They are informal, relaxed and are considered a monthly social gathering for many of our Welshotters. They offer “Taster” sessions, covering many genres, to our larger, more extensive Workshops and Events.
With the help of the Welshot Team you will be given all the support, guidance and tuition that you need to help you get the best from your camera – regardless of your skill level so please join us on what promises to be a fun and creative Welshot Academy Evening.
Supper is included in the cost of this event.
Academy Evenings are “The” best way for you to do the following:
- Help you to get to know how your camera works in a variety of settings and conditions. Giving you transferable skills to use anywhere.
- Let’s you practice different sorts of genres, techniques and equipment – before you commit, a chance to see if it is for you.
- Increase your range of portfolio images, make stock images and skill level.
- Networking – Team and Fellow Welshotters are a valuable source of information, know-how, experience and contacts.
- Help you to find out more about Welshot, how we can help you with YOUR photography.
- Help us to get to know YOU better – when we know what it is YOU want and how we can help you with your photography.