- This event has passed.
Focus on Social Academy Evening from The Kiwi Social
November 2, 2017 @ 6:30 pm - 10:00 pm£40.00
you will learn
- Focus on Business & Personal Development – Let’s Talk Confidence with Debbie Hunt of Achieve Change
- Focus on Technique – “How to…” Pinterest to grow your business
- Focus on Imaging – Practical photographic “How to…” session and creating images that will be useful for you and your marketing – Commercial & Product including Flat-Lay
- 4:30pm – Work in a “Jelly” like environment on YOUR specific project
- 6:30pm – Focus on Social Academy Evening starts
- 8:00pm – Supper – included
- 8:30pm – Focus on Social Academy Evening resumes
- 10:00pm – Finish
- Camera and lenses suitable for this event
- Come dressed for success as your headshots for Social Media will be taken tonight
- Laptop, iPad, Tablet and/or other technological items you may use
- Props you may want to photograph for your blog/website – We will provide a “Flat-Lay” set with lighting – own props needed
- Spare Batteries and Memory Card
- Tripod – Remote Cable Release (if applicable for this event)
- A list of ideas, help, questions etc that you would like to discuss with those in the group
- Notebook and Pen
what will happen
Tonight’s Focus on Social Academy Evening from The Kiwi Social based at the Chester Crowne Plaza will be bringing you three sessions that will help you with not only all things Social Media but will help you develop and grow your business, blog and social media profile. From Marketing to promotion, of yourself and your business or blog – our aim is to help you learn the techniques and skills to get you where you want to be.
Please note: For Members of The Kiwi Social – you will also be able to have your headshots taken Tonight for your promotional material and use on Social Media.
Focus on Business & Personal Development: –Tonight, Debbie Hunt will be talking “Confidence” how it affects everything you do in life and for those in business it is an important factor in the key to your success – Tonight we will explore how confidence impacts the success of you and your business with Debbie giving you some hints and tips to make you the best that you can be… Whether you are in business or not.
Focus on Technique: – Getting Started with Pinterest – how you can strategically use Pinterest to grow your business.
Focus on Imaging: – Commercial and Product photography will be tonight’s practical and hands on camera and photographic technique. From photographing cupcakes to jewellery, from make-up and skin care to arts and crafts – this photographic genre will help you to make some great images to market and promote your business.
You will also learn how to use your camera. How to use the correct settings and functions to capture and make the image you want – which will guarantee that you take home some superb images for your portfolio.
Focus on Flat-lay – A corner for you to make and create any flat-lay images that you may need for your marketing and promotion.
About Kiwi Social Evenings
At the Kiwi Social we realise running your own business can be a lonely affair – especially if you are working alone from your kitchen table. Here at The Kiwi Social we are building a community to help you to bounce ideas, talk with, and learn from other like-minded people. The Kiwi Social community will be your office and the members will be your colleagues – but with a lot more fun involved and a lot more relaxed and informal.
Our aim is to build a friendly, safe, non-competitive and affordable community, both online via our forum, various Facebook groups and offline at our events.
The Kiwi Social fosters and encourages everyone to take part, from our session leaders to members themselves. You can expect to have:
- Continuity – A lasting community which builds strong relationships, personal and working collaborations
- Sharing – of knowledge, resources and skills
Our “Focus on Social” Academy Evening – are held on the FIRST Thursday of EVERY Month and held at the Chester Crowne Plaza. Previously these have been our Welshot Biz Bloggers Academy Evenings.
There will always be THREE “Focus On” sessions at these events:
- Focus on Business & Personal Development – Presentation from an industry expert
- Focus on Technique – “How to…” learning a technical, technique or software session
- Focus on Imaging – Practical photographic “How to…” session and creating images that will be useful for you and your marketing
A “Flat-lay” set-up with lighting that you can use to photograph your props and business products will always be made available for your use – guidance, support and help if required will be provided.
The not so small, small print - Welshot Academy evenings
- You have the right to cancel your purchase with 14 days of booking, provided there are more than 14 days until the workshop. In the event that there are less than 14 days between your booking and the actual event, this will be at the discretion of Welshot. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01248719126 to discuss. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Numbers are restricted and are proportionate to Team Leaders and Model(s). Group sizes and compositions will be at the discretion of Welshot.
- Subject to booking, food and refreshments will be made available during the course of the event. In the event that food and refreshments are unavailable, you will be advised during the booking process. Should the host venue be unable to supply food and/or refreshments during the event, Welshot cannot be held responsible. It is your responsibility to inform Welshot at the time of booking if you have any dietary requirements that may affect your health and wellbeing. Relevant catering suppliers will be notified of your dietary requirements but Welshot cannot accept any responsibility of errors and/or omissions made by third parties.
- Academy Evenings are non-refundable unless the event is cancelled by Welshot.
- Booking may be transferred up to 14 days of the event taking place but only to another like-for-like event of the same value or higher that is currently being advertised at full price and within 3 months of the original event date.
- Within 14 days of this event taking place, transfers are at the absolute discretion of Welshot but you must email email@example.com and this needs to be within 5 working days of event. Transfers will not be considered within 5 working days of this event taking place.
- Unfortunately we are unable to refund or transfer any monies if you fail to attend any Welshot event, regardless of the reason/circumstance.
- Bookings are unable to be transferred to other persons under any circumstances.
- We reserve the right to change, either fully or in part of, any module/session of this event for one(s) of suitable quality and appropriateness. However, we will endeavour to inform you of any changes as soon as possible.
- If you have any problems or concerns at this event please let us know immediately. We can then make sure we do our best to resolve any issues. We need to know during the event – not after, so we can help you.
E&OE - 28 April 2017
- Welshot Imaging Ltd
- 01248 719126
- Crowne Plaza Chester
Cheshire West and Chester, CH1 2BD United Kingdom + Google Map