Day Two: Focus on Welshot – Celebrating 10 Years – Inspiring Photographers
Sun April 7 @ 10:30 am - 5:00 pmFree
- Welshot Imaging Photographic Academy
- Olympus UK
- London Camera Exchange – Chester
- Permajet Professional Inkjet Media
- Keep checking back – we will be adding more and more
you will learn
- Street & Documentary Photography
- How to shoot creatively
- How to use your settings and functions on your camera
- Live Composite with and Olympus Camera
- Keep checking for updates as we confirm further sessions
- 10.00am – Make your way to the Chester Suite where Refreshments will be available for purchase – Registration Opens
- 10.30am – Main Function Room Doors Open
- 10.30am – Check the schedule times for specific Photography Modules (Hands-On) Demonstrations, Presentations, Lectures and How To:-
- 10.30am – Treasure Hunt – Continue/Complete from Saturday 6th April
- 11.45am – 12.45pm – Live Composite with Olympus
- 1.30am – 2.30pm – Street Walk with Olympus and Welshot
- 3.00pm – 4.00pm – Live Composite with Olympus
- 5:00pm – Finish
- As details are confirmed we will update this space
- Camera and lenses suitable for this event – ALL CAMERA USERS ARE WELCOME
- Spare batteries and memory card
- Tripod – Remote cable release (if you have one
- A list of ideas, help, questions etc that you would like to discuss with the Welshot Team and Sponsors
what will happen
Welshot is TEN and we are CELEBRATING!
Leading on from Focus on Welshot – Celebrating 10 Years – Inspiring Photographers – We continue with Day 2 of our celebrations and today we are concentrating on a variety of specific “Techniques” as well as a number of photographic modules continuing on from yesterday to help you to get the best from your camera. Once again the Welshot Team will be joined by Olympus UK, London Camera Exchange and Permajet Professional Inkjet Media. You will be able to take part in the “Treasure Hunt” (which qualifies you to be entered into a draw to win an Olympus TG Tracker) – Learn about LIVE Composite – a function specific to the Olympus camera systems (cameras will be available for you to use) and join in a Street Walk around Chester – when everything from Street to Architecture to Creative Photography will be covered. If that little lot isn’t enough for you there will be various photographic modules from the day before still set up that you will let you get hands-on and create an image or three.
Join Olympus Uk and…
Discover LIVE COMPOSITE mode
Discover the power of Olympus’ exclusive Live Composite mode with a live light painting demonstration from Olympus Product Specialist Lewis Speight.
The innovative Live Composite feature allows you to take your time and free your creativity – no need to rush around before you lose your exposure.
Plus, with remote live view on smart devices there’s no need for an assistant either!
Not got an Olympus Camera – No problem, No worries, Olympus UK will have a selection of cameras on hand so you can try these techniques.
During the workshop Lewis will be using kit from Light Painting Brushes to show how you can create awesome photographic works of art easily!
This, our second day of celebrations, is also great if you have ever wondered what Welshot is all about and what it could do for you, your camera and your photography? Why not come along to our Focus on Welshot – Celebrating 10 Years – Inspiring Photographers as well, which is a FREE Day of Photography at the Chester Crowne Plaza and find out all the great things we can do to bring your love of photography to life.
The whole Welshot Team, Olympus UK, London Camera Exchange (Chester) and Permajet will be on hand to help you with anything photographic – keep an eye on the schedule for specific sessions that you can take part in – no matter what camera you have.
Everyone is welcome, it doesn’t matter what camera you use or what skill level you are – You can come and go as you please throughout the day. There will be no restrictions and there will be a variety of photographic sessions for you to get involved with or just look and watch. Make sure you check the “Schedule of the Day” which will ensure you don’t miss out on any specific Photographic (Hands-On) Demonstrations, Presentations, Lectures and How To sessions you might wish to attend.
Is this event for Me? If you love photography and would like to get more from your camera, learn a thing or three, make some new friends (or catch up old ones) and have some fun creating some photographs, trying a huge variety of photographic genres then this day is going to be the perfect day for you.
Do I need to have an Olympus Camera? No, all camera makes and models are welcome – if you’d like to get hands-on and try the Olympus Camera System then there will be a selection of cameras that you can use throughout any of the photographic sessions and modules throughout both days.
I am a beginner to photography, can I still come? We’ve designed Welshot just for people like you – it doesn’t matter if you’ve never picked up a camera before – the way we run ALL our sessions with help, guidance and support always on hand will ensure you go home knowing your camera just a little bit better than when you arrived and more than one image for you to be proud of.
We do hope that you will be able to make it, we’d love to see you.