- This event has passed.
Dance Portraiture – Mains Studio & Off Camera Flash – Chester Photographic Academy Evening
Thursday 19 September 2019 @ 6:30 pm – 10:00 pm
YOU WILL LEARN
- How to use your camera settings and functions
- How to use studio lighting for portraiture
- How to use Off Camera Flash in an outdoor urban location
- How to work with models
- How capture movement (Dance) – shape and form
- How use lighting and other techniques to capture creative images
- How to think creatively
- What Welshot can do for you and your photography
- 6:20pm – Doors to function room open – please wait in the Lounge until we greet you.
- 6:30pm – Session starts
- 8:00pm – Supper – included
- 8:30pm – Session resumes
- 10:00pm – Finish
- Camera and lenses suitable for this event
- Spare batteries and memory card
- A list of ideas, help, questions etc that you would like to discuss with those in your group
- Appropriate Outdoor/Wet Weather clothing (if applicable for this event)
WHAT WILL HAPPEN
Welshot meets Autonomy – The award wining North Wales Dance Crew. Join us at the Chester Crowne Plaza for a night of Main Studio Flash and Off Camera Flash photography – You will be working in both a studio environment and working outside on location in an urban setting all the while capturing our dynamic dancing guests in camera.
Portraiture photography meets dance photography – Learning how to use a variety of different lighting techniques, using backdrops and props to posing your models this Academy Evening will ensure you leave having learned a thing or three, about your camera but also this wonderful and creative genre.
Based in Chester, this Welshot Photographic Academy Evening will give you the chance to capture dance, movement, shape and form in your camera in a creative and artistic way.
Beginners are welcome and actively encouraged at Welshot with all help, guidance and support given – on a One to One basis and in a group.
Supper is included in the cost of this event.
Image Credit: Stephen Bell
WHAT TO EXPECT AT AN ACADEMY EVENING
Academy Evenings are PERFECT for the beginner just starting out on their photographic journey.
At just £28 for Welshot Academy Members (£35.00 for Non-Members) this is an affordable way to learn.
Academy Evenings are where you will meet other Welshotters in a relaxed and informal environment – these are the best way to get to know how Welshot works and how we can help you.
They are informal, relaxed and are considered a monthly social gathering for many of our Welshotters. They offer “Taster” sessions, covering many genres, to our larger, more extensive Workshops and Events.
With the help of the Welshot Team you will be given all the support, guidance and tuition that you need to help you get the best from your camera – regardless of your skill level so please join us on what promises to be a fun and creative Welshot Academy Evening.
Academy Evenings are “The” best way for you to do the following:
- Help you to get to know how your camera works in a variety of settings and conditions. Giving you transferable skills to use anywhere.
- Let’s you practice different sorts of genres, techniques and equipment – before you commit, a chance to see if it is for you.
- Increase your range of portfolio images, make stock images and skill level.
- Networking – Team and Fellow Welshotters are a valuable source of information, know-how, experience and contacts.
- Help you to find out more about Welshot, how we can help you with YOUR photography.
- Help us to get to know YOU better – when we know what it is YOU want and how we can help you with your photography.