- This event has passed.
Cwm Idwal – Lakes & Mountains – Landscape Photography – Roving Photographic Academy Evening
Tuesday 25 June @ 6:30 pm – 10:00 pm
YOU WILL LEARN
- How to use your camera settings and functions
- How to make a long exposure (blur your water)
- How to compose an image
- How to shoot Landscape photography
- How to think creatively
- What Welshot can do for you and your photography
- 6:20pm – Car Park – Ogwen Warden Centre LL57 3LZ
- 6:30pm – Photography starts
- 8:00pm – Picnic supper included
- 8:30pm – Photography resumes
- 10:00pm – Finish
- Camera and lenses suitable for this event – Standard Zoom (18 – 55mm ish) or 50mm if you prefer.
- Spare Batteries and Memory Card
- Tripod – Remote Cable Release (if you have one)
- A list of ideas, help, questions etc that you would like to discuss with those in your group
- Appropriate Outdoor/Wet Weather clothing (if applicable for this event)
WHAT WILL HAPPEN
At the Welshot Photographic Academy it’s all about capturing the magnificent beauty of Cwm Idwal right in the heart of the Snowdonia National Park. If you love the great outdoors and fancy an easy walk where within minutes you are in the most spectacular mountain environment for you and your camera – then this is the Photography event for you. A chance to capture the stunning surroundings which include lakes and mountains – the perfect way to get creative with your camera.
Landscape photography, Macro photography to making long exposure to blur the water of the lake – We will also be hoping for a wonderful sunset as the sun sets down behind the Isle of Anglesey.
Perfect for the complete beginner – we will guide, support and help you every step of the way and you will get plenty of tuition – group and one to one.
So, charge your battery, grab your camera and come join us for some fun, laughter and photography in Caernarfon tonight.
At just £28 for Welshot Academy Members (£35.00 for Non-Members) this is an affordable way to learn. Come and join us and the Welshot Team and be prepared to make and create some stunning images, learn a thing or three, have some fun and make some new friends.
A picnic supper is included in the cost of this event.
Image Credit: Simon Gooderham
WHAT TO EXPECT AT A ROVING ACADEMY EVENING
Academy Evenings are PERFECT for the beginner just starting out on their photographic journey.
Welshot is coming to Conwy… And to Llandudno, Rhos on Sea, St Asaph, Colwyn Bay, Abergele and other surrounding areas…
The Welshot Photographic Academy, “Roving” Academy Evenings will be in a different North Wales location every Month covering a number of Photographic genres – mainly outside but always with a bit of a challenge for you and your camera.
These Evenings are perfect for the beginner, the photographer who has just picked up a camera and want to learn how to get the best from it in a fun, friendly, non-competitive and fun environment.
Not a beginner? That’s fine too, each month is designed to help you to think a little differently – help you get out of your photography rut – help you get out of your comfort zone – push you a little to achieve a photographic goal or ambition that you may have.
Basing ourselves at a different location EVERY fourth Thursday of the Month this is the ideal Academy Evening for those who want to go out and about with a group of like-minded people and all with the guidance, support and tuition from Team Leaders that Welshot has become well-known for.
Depending on the location & venue of the evening will determine where we will eat… But, never fear there will always be Welshot Chips.
All you need is a willingness to:
- Have some fun
- Learn your camera
- Think outside the box when it comes to taking pictures
- Eat Chips…We would love to see you at our “Roving” Academy Evening