Creative Photography in Conwy – Roving Photographic Academy Evening
Tue February 26 @ 6:30 pm - 10:00 pm£35.00
you will learn
- How to use your cameras settings and functions
- How to make a long exposure
- How to shoot in low light
- How to shoot for HDR.
- How to think creatively
- How to light paint – paint buildings with light
- How to shoot architecture in low-light
- How to compose an image
- How to capture photos from a brief / challenge given to you
- What Welshot can do for you and your photography
- 6:25pm – Meet at the Archway Fish and Chip Shop
- 6:30pm – Fish and Chip Supper (included)
- 7:30pm – Photography starts
- 10:00pm – Finish
- Camera and lenses suitable for this event
- Spare Batteries and Memory Card
- Tripod – Remote Cable Release (if applicable for this event)
- A list of ideas, help, questions etc that you would like to discuss with those in your group
- Appropriate Outdoor/Wet Weather clothing (if applicable for this event)
what will happen
The February “Roving Academy Evening” is all bout getting creative in Conwy. As it is still dark we will be using our cameras in Low-Light conditions and making a variety of Long Exposure photographs – from “Traffic Trails” to “Milky” water effects on the Quay. The beautiful town of Conway, North Wales will be our locations Tonight. You will have a bit of a challenge to re-create some iconic images using a variety of photographic techniques and skills. Long Exposures, HDR, Macro (Close-Up) there will be plenty to capture on our Evening stroll with cameras. All after a Fish and Chip supper of course. We will also learning the “Painting with Light” technique and showing you how to add light onto your buildings to give them that WOW factor.
Perfect for the complete beginner – we will guide, support and help you every step of the way and you will get plenty of tuition – group and one to one.
So, charge your battery, grab your camera and come join us for some fun, laughter and photography at the beach.
Image Credit: Eifion Williams
what to expect at a Roving Academy Evening
Academy Evenings are PERFECT for the beginner just starting out on their photographic journey.
Welshot is coming to Conwy… And to Llandudno, Rhos on Sea, St Asaph, Colwyn Bay, Abergele and other surrounding areas…
The Welshot Photographic Academy, “Roving” Academy Evenings will be in a different North Wales location every Month covering a number of Photographic genres – mainly outside but always with a bit of a challenge for you and your camera.
These Evenings are perfect for the beginner, the photographer who has just picked up a camera and want to learn how to get the best from it in a fun, friendly, non-competitive and fun environment.
Not a beginner? That’s fine too, each month is designed to help you to think a little differently – help you get out of your photography rut – help you get out of your comfort zone – push you a little to achieve a photographic goal or ambition that you may have.
Basing ourselves at a different location EVERY fourth Thursday of the Month this is the ideal Academy Evening for those who want to go out and about with a group of like-minded people and all with the guidance, support and tuition from Team Leaders that Welshot has become well-known for.
Depending on the location & venue of the evening will determine where we will eat… But, never fear there will always be Welshot Chips.
All you need is a willingness to:
- Have some fun
- Learn your camera
- Think outside the box when it comes to taking pictures
- Eat Chips…We would love to see you at our “Roving” Academy Evening