Chester @ F1.8 – Creative Photography – Chester Photographic Academy Evening
Thursday 22 August 2019 @ 6:30 pm – 10:00 pm
YOU WILL LEARN
- How to use your camera settings and functions
- How to set use your camera and lens using only F1.8
- How to compose and shoot your images discreetly
- How shooting in black and white / colour gives different results and when to shoot in what media
- How to photograph people
- How to think creatively
- What Welshot can do for you and your photography
- 6:20pm – Doors to function room open – please wait in the Lounge until we greet you.
- 6:30pm – Session starts
- 8:00pm – Supper – included
- 8:30pm – Session resumes
- 10:00pm – Finish
- Camera and lenses suitable for this event
- Spare batteries and memory card
- A list of ideas, help, questions etc that you would like to discuss with those in your group
- Appropriate Outdoor/Wet Weather clothing (if applicable for this event)
WHAT WILL HAPPEN
Photography – Street meets Creative, using only one lens and only shooting at one aperture F1.8. Photograph your subjects that sum up Chester. You will be shooting your subject(s) at a wide aperture of F1.8 making them stand out from the crowd.
Using your nifty fifty (or other fast prime lens) this will give your images a whole new look but will also challenge you to think a little differently and to get your composition right in camera on the first shot.
Based in Chester, this photographic academy evening will give you a chance to have a go at documentary, reportage, street and creative photography as well as architectural and travel genres of photography.
For those who would like, we will even throw in a bit of a challenge too, just to get the photographic creative juices flowing. It is also a great chance to learn the technique of creating Bokeh using natural and ambient light.
Don’t worry if you don’t have a nifty fifty or a fast prime lens we can help with this to make sure you can take part in this session.
Beginners are welcome and actively encouraged at Welshot with all help, guidance and support given – on a One to One basis and in a group.
Supper is included in the cost of this event.
Image Credit: Eifion Williams
WHAT TO EXPECT AT AN ACADEMY EVENING
Academy Evenings are PERFECT for the beginner just starting out on their photographic journey.
At just £28 for Welshot Academy Members (£35.00 for Non-Members) this is an affordable way to learn.
Academy Evenings are where you will meet other Welshotters in a relaxed and informal environment – these are the best way to get to know how Welshot works and how we can help you.
They are informal, relaxed and are considered a monthly social gathering for many of our Welshotters. They offer “Taster” sessions, covering many genres, to our larger, more extensive Workshops and Events.
With the help of the Welshot Team you will be given all the support, guidance and tuition that you need to help you get the best from your camera – regardless of your skill level so please join us on what promises to be a fun and creative Welshot Academy Evening.
Academy Evenings are “The” best way for you to do the following:
- Help you to get to know how your camera works in a variety of settings and conditions. Giving you transferable skills to use anywhere.
- Let’s you practice different sorts of genres, techniques and equipment – before you commit, a chance to see if it is for you.
- Increase your range of portfolio images, make stock images and skill level.
- Networking – Team and Fellow Welshotters are a valuable source of information, know-how, experience and contacts.
- Help you to find out more about Welshot, how we can help you with YOUR photography.
- Help us to get to know YOU better – when we know what it is YOU want and how we can help you with your photography.