- This event has passed.
Capturing Movement – Anglesey Photographic Academy Evening
Wednesday 30 October @ 6:30 pm – 10:00 pm
YOU WILL LEARN
- How to use your cameras settings and functions
- How to capture movement in your images
- How to make water drops
- How to capture people moving to create a blurry “Arty” effect
- How to use Mains Studio and Off Camera Flash
- How to capture the movement of dancers in camera
- What Welshot can do for you and your photography
- Doors to the community centre will open at 6.15pm – Grab yourself a drink from the kitchen
- 6:30pm – Photography Starts
- 8:00pm – Supper – Included
- 8:30pm – Photography Resumes
- 10:00pm – Finish
- Camera and lenses suitable for this event
- Spare Batteries and Memory Card
- Tripod – Remote Cable Release (if applicable for this event)
- A list of ideas, help, questions etc that you would like to discuss with those in your group
- Appropriate Outdoor/Wet Weather clothing (if applicable for this event)
WHAT WILL HAPPEN
Movement – and how to capture it in camera to give your photographs that dynamic WOW factor. Tonight at the Welshot Photographic Academy in Beaumaris, Anglesey, North Wales you will be learning how to capture movement – From dancers in our in our mains studio flash and outside on location using off camera flash – from creating water droplets to blurring images intentionally to give a feeling of movement this Academy Evening will have it all for the enthusiastic photographer who wants to learn while they have fun.
A brilliant session for the beginner and a great chance to get some images for the more advanced photographer too as there will be plenty of One on One time with the Team Leader as well as the model.
Image Credit: Gill McGowan
WHAT TO EXPECT AT AN ACADEMY EVENING
Academy Evenings are PERFECT for the beginner just starting out on their photographic journey.
Academy Evenings are where you will meet other Welshotters in a relaxed and informal environment – these are the best way to get to know how Welshot works and how we can help you. They are informal, relaxed and are considered a monthly social gathering for many of our Welshotters. They offer “Taster” sessions, covering many genres, to our larger, more extensive Workshops and Events.
With the help of the Welshot Team you will be given all the support, guidance and tuition that you need to help you get the best from your camera – regardless of your skill level so please join us on what promises to be a fun and creative Welshot Academy Evening.
Supper is included in the cost of this event.
Academy Evenings are “The” best way for you to do the following:
- Help you to get to know how your camera works in a variety of settings and conditions. Giving you transferable skills to use anywhere.
- Let’s you practice different sorts of genres, techniques and equipment – before you commit, a chance to see if it is for you.
- Increase your range of portfolio images, make stock images and skill level.
- Networking – Team and Fellow Welshotters are a valuable source of information, know-how, experience and contacts.
- Help you to find out more about Welshot, how we can help you with YOUR photography.
- Help us to get to know YOU better – when we know what it is YOU want and how we can help you with your photography.