- This event has passed.
Autumnal Photography at Valle Crucis Abbey, Llangollen Photographic Mini Module
Sunday 3 November 2019 @ 11:00 am – 5:00 pm
YOU WILL LEARN
- How to use your camera settings and functions
- How to shoot architectural photography
- How to shoot indoor architecture and in low-light
- How to compose and shoot your images
- How shooting in black and white / colour gives different results
- How to capture the autumnal landscape in your camera
- How to balance between lowlight and outdoor lighting
- How to shoot for HDR
- How to think creatively
- What Welshot can do for you and your photography
- 11.00pm – Meet at the Ponderosa Cafe – Horseshoe Pass LL208DR for brunch (own cost)
- 12:00pm – Landscape photography / gentle walk near and around the cafe
- 1:30pm – Make your way to Valle Crucis Abbey (Entrance Fee = £4.20)
- 2: 00pm – Photography starts – One to One and Group tuition
- 3.00pm – Masterclass – Architectural Photography – indoor shooting in low-light and outdoor
- 4,00pm – Photography resumes – One to One and Group tuition
- 5:00pm – Finish
- Camera and lenses suitable for this event – Wide angle if possible or standard zoom
- Spare Batteries and Memory Card
- Tripod / Cable release if you have one
- Entrance and refreshment money
- A list of ideas, help, questions etc that you would like to discuss with those in your group
WHAT WILL HAPPEN
Another Photographic Mini-Module from the Welshot Photographic Academy and this time we are visiting the majestic location of Valle Crucis Abbey, located at the bottom of the Horseshoe Pass near Llangollen. Autumnal landscapes and architectural photography will be the nature of this event.
The “Masterclass” will show you how to shoot those architectural photos while balancing both for indoor and outdoor lighting – using the HDR (High Dynamic Range) will be covered for those who wish to learn this technique.
After brunch at the Ponderosa Cafe at the top of the Horseshoe pass we will be going for a gentle stroll to take in the landscape, capture it in our camera and then make our way to the Abbey itself which affords us many opportunities to capture this historic monument to a past gone by,
From the ruins of the Abbey itself which include a Chapter House to the fishpond and the rear – spectacular views of the Abbey with the Horseshoe Pass in the background
This will be a brilliant session for the beginner and a great chance to get some images for the more advanced photographer too as there will be plenty of One on One time with the Team Leader.
Image Credit: Eifion Williams
WHAT TO EXPECT AT A WELSHOT PHOTOGRAPHIC MINI-MODULE
The Welshot Mini-Module (with Masterclasses) events are a mixture of Academy Evenings and Full Day Events – Four to five hours in length and usually outside.
They are designed so delegates can meet-up with other photographers in a safe environment in many different locations to learn how to get the best from their camera but also have the flexibility to be creative.
A variety of photographic genres will be covered, and each event will have a photo-walkabout, were you are free to roam but still feel the benefit of the Welshot guidance, support and tuition if needed as well as being in an inspiring, fun, creative, safe and secure group environment.
Each event will have a dedicated Mini-Masterclass which covers a genre usually lasting about one to two hours.
These events will range in price – from £28.00 to £50.00 for Welshot Members and some you will even be able to use your Academy Evening vouchers to book your place.
Non-Members are also welcome to attend, you just pay a little more.
It does not matter what camera you use* or what skill level you are, there will always be someone on hand to help you get the best from YOUR camera. However, if you are unsure please do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com or phone 01248719126 and we will do all we can to help you.
Please Note: Food, refreshments, travel, insurance and entrance fees (if applicable) are the responsibility of the delegate.
*Please be aware some cameras – depending on specifications and functionality may not be able to work in all situations but here at Welshot we are committed to helping you to get the very best from your camera in every situation
Welshot Photographic Academy Mini-Modules are “The” best way for you to do the following:
- Help you to get to know how your camera works in a variety of settings and conditions. Giving you transferable skills to use anywhere.
- Let’s you practice different sorts of genres, techniques and equipment – before you commit, a chance to see if it is for you.
- Increase your range of portfolio images, make stock images and skill level.
- Networking – Team and Fellow Welshotters are a valuable source of information, know-how, experience and contacts.
- Help you to find out more about Welshot, how we can help you with YOUR photography.
- Help us to get to know YOU better – when we know what it is YOU want and how we can help you with your photography.