Architecture, Low-Light & Long-Exposure Photography – Roving Photographic Academy Evening
You Will Learn
- How to use your camera settings and functions
- How to shoot for Landscape and Seascape photography
- How to compose an image
- How to make a long exposure (blur your water)
- How to capture a sunset
- How to photograph in low-light (after the sun has set)
- How to capture the North Wales skyline in Low-Light conditions
- How to shoot traffic trails
- How to shoot architectural photography
- How to use a tripod
- How to think creatively
- What Welshot can do for you and your photography
- 7:00pm – Meet outside the Harbour Hub Café - LL185AX
- 7:05pm – Photography starts
- Sunset - 20:37
- 10.00pm – Finish
- Please NOTE: Supper is NOT included in our Roving Academy Evenings
- Camera and lenses suitable for this event
- Spare Batteries and Memory Card
- A list of ideas, help, questions etc that you would like help with
What Will Happen
Tonight at the Welshot Roving Academy Evening in Rhyl our photography will start on the photogenic structure that is the Pont y Ddraig Harbour Bridge, where we will capture the bridge and surrounding area during the golden hour before capturing the sun setting over Clwydian range foothills at 20:37.
This whole harbour area is teeming with wildlife, from seals, to waterfowl and the sand dunes also offer a wide range of photographic opportunities – from landscape to seascape photography. Once the sun has set we will spend some time capturing the blue hour before we more into a busier area of Rhyl where will be capturing traffic trails and architectural features in our cameras. Long Exposure and Low-Light photography will be the aim for tonight so make sure you bring your tripods. At this Welshot Photographic Roving Academy Evening you will learn a variety of techniques that will build your skill set.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT A ROVING ACADEMY EVENING
Roving Academy Evenings are PERFECT for the beginner just starting out on their photographic journey.
Please NOTE: From January 2020 Roving Academy Evenings will not include supper or refreshments - Please refer to the schedule of events.
Roving Academy Evenings will now start at 7.00pm.
Welshot is coming to Conwy… And to Llandudno, Rhos on Sea, St Asaph, Colwyn Bay, Abergele, Liverpool, Manchester and other surrounding areas…
The Welshot Photographic Academy, “Roving” Academy Evenings will be in a different North Wales (and across the Border) location every Month covering a number of Photographic genres – mainly outside but always with a bit of a challenge for you and your camera.
These Evenings are perfect for the beginner, the photographer who has just picked up a camera and want to learn how to get the best from it in a fun, friendly, non-competitive and fun environment.
Not a beginner? That’s fine too, each month is designed to help you to think a little differently – help you get out of your photography rut – help you get out of your comfort zone – push you a little to achieve a photographic goal or ambition that you may have.
Basing ourselves at a different location EVERY fourth Tuesday of the Month this is the ideal Academy Evening for those who want to go out and about with a group of like-minded people and all with the guidance, support and tuition from Team Leaders that Welshot has become well-known for.
All you need is a willingness to:
- Have some fun
- Learn your camera
- Think outside the box when it comes to taking pictures