- This event has passed.
Annual Summer Pilgrimage To Penmon – Anglesey Academy Evening
Wednesday 7 August @ 6:30 pm – 10:00 pm
YOU WILL LEARN
- How to use your cameras settings and functions
- How to capture the movement of the sea in your images
- How to make a long exposure
- How to shoot Macro and Close-Up photography
- How to think creatively and capture what you see in your camera
- What Welshot can do for you and your photography
- Meet at Penmon Lighthouse – Please Note – You will need £2.50 for the toll road which leads to the Lighthouse
- 6:30pm – Photography Starts
- 8:00pm – Supper – Included
- 8:30pm – Photography Resumes
- 10:00pm – Finish
- Camera and lenses suitable for this event
- Spare Batteries and Memory Card
- Tripod – Remote Cable Release (if applicable for this event)
- Eating utensils including a cup
- Picnic blanket or chair
- A list of ideas, help, questions etc that you would like to discuss with those in your group
- You will need £2.50 for the toll road which leads to the Lighthouse
- Appropriate Outdoor/Wet Weather clothing (if applicable for this event)
WHAT WILL HAPPEN
Tonight, it is one of the most popular Academy Evenings from the Welshot Photographic Academy – Tonight it is our Annual Pilgrimage to Penmon – It’s all about Seascape Photography with a bit of Macro, Close-Up and Creative – We may also have a bit of a photographic challenge for you too – specifically designed to make you think, look, create and make images in your camera.
Of course – this annual event would not be complete without a BBQ and a good laugh around a campfire – Just bring your camera, eating utensils, a picnic blanket or chair and you are all set for a wonderful evening of fun. laughter, food and photography right on the shores of Anglesey overlooking the Penmon Lighthouse.
At just £28 for Welshot Academy Members (£35.00 for Non-Members) this is an affordable way to learn. Come and join us and the Welshot Team and be prepared to make and create some stunning images, learn a thing or three, have some fun and make some new friends.
Supper is included in the cost of this event.
Image Credit: Chris Couchman
WHAT TO EXPECT AT AN ACADEMY EVENING
Academy Evenings are PERFECT for the beginner just starting out on their photographic journey.
Academy Evenings are where you will meet other Welshotters in a relaxed and informal environment – these are the best way to get to know how Welshot works and how we can help you. They are informal, relaxed and are considered a monthly social gathering for many of our Welshotters. They offer “Taster” sessions, covering many genres, to our larger, more extensive Workshops and Events.
With the help of the Welshot Team you will be given all the support, guidance and tuition that you need to help you get the best from your camera – regardless of your skill level so please join us on what promises to be a fun and creative Welshot Academy Evening.
A light buffet supper is included in the cost of this event.
Academy Evenings are “The” best way for you to do the following:
- Help you to get to know how your camera works in a variety of settings and conditions. Giving you transferable skills to use anywhere.
- Let’s you practice different sorts of genres, techniques and equipment – before you commit, a chance to see if it is for you.
- Increase your range of portfolio images, make stock images and skill level.
- Networking – Team and Fellow Welshotters are a valuable source of information, know-how, experience and contacts.
- Help you to find out more about Welshot, how we can help you with YOUR photography.
- Help us to get to know YOU better – when we know what it is YOU want and how we can help you with your photography.