- This event has passed.
Welshot Does… Editorial Edge Manchester – Themed Photo-Shoot with Models
Sunday 6 September @ 10:30 am – 4:30 pm
You Will Learn
- How to use your cameras settings and functions
- How to use off camera flash
- How to use natural light
- How to follow a brief for Editorial usage
- How to work with Models
- How to think creatively
- How to shoot in a variety of locations
- How to create stunning images for your portfolio
- What Welshot can do for you and your photography
- 10:20am – Meet at the location
- 10:30am – Session starts
- 1:00pm – Lunch (not included)
- 1:30pm – Session resumes
- 4:30pm – Finish
- Camera and lenses suitable for this event
- Spare Batteries and Memory Cards
- A list of ideas, help, questions etc that you would like to discuss with those in your group
What Will Happen
At this Welshot Photographic Academy full day, on location, photo-shoot event the “Editorial Edge” styling (clothing and technique) will team with the backdrop of Manchester's Northern Quarter. Off Camera Flash and natural light will be your lighting “Go to” which will give your images that WOW factor. Think clean tailored lines, beautiful models, in a vibrant urban and sometimes derelict landscape – this is a catwalk stopping combo! Think Peter Lindbergh when he photographed the great models in the Meat Packing Districts of New York in a documentary fashion style. This is a catwalk stopping combo!
Come and join us and the Welshot Team in Manchester and be prepared to make and create some stunning images. Learn a thing or three, have some fun and make some new friends.
From beautiful models being captured in your camera using off camera flash and natural light – this will be an event guaranteed to not only help you learn a new technique of three but will also get you some fantastic images for your photographic portfolio.
So, grab your camera, charge your batteries, bring extra memory cards because this date is going to be jam packed full of photographic fun for the photographer.
Beginners are welcome (we encourage beginners at Welshot) and you will have all the help, guidance and support you need and want as well as time to yourself to be as creative with your only limitation being your imagination.
Numbers are restricted and are proportionate to Team Leaders and Model(s) – Groups are kept small and there is always a chance for 1:1 shooting time and time with Team Leaders. All Off-Camera Flash (OCF) – lighting equipment and modifiers will be supplied by Welshot
PLEASE NOTE: This is an OUTSIDE event. Whilst every possible attempt will be made to provide undercover protection if needed due to adverse weather conditions, we cannot guarantee this. We may need to change, modify or alter the running order of the day’s events due to weather conditions.
Image Credit: Jason Edwards
This event is discounted to £96.00 if you are a Welshot Member – to see a list of Member benefits please view our JOIN US page.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT A WELSHOT FULL DAY EVENT:
Welshot Full Day events are “The” best way for you to do the following:
- Help you to get to know how your camera works in a variety of settings and conditions. Giving you transferable skills to use anywhere.
- Let’s you practice and experiment different sorts of genres, techniques and equipment within your photography.
- Increase your range of portfolio images, make stock images and skill level.
- Networking – Team and Fellow Welshotters are a valuable source of information, know-how, experience and contacts.
- Help you to find out more about Welshot, how we can help you with YOUR photography.
- Help us to get to know YOU better – when we know what it is YOU want and how we can help you with your photography.