- This event has passed.
70’s Glam Rock Fashion – Themed Photo-Shoot with Models – Ellesmere Port Photographic Academy Evening
Tue January 9 @ 6:30 pm - 10:00 pm£35.00
you will learn
- How to use your camera settings and functions
- How to use off camera flash
- How to use coloured gels effectively
- How to use a multiple light setup
- How to work in a studio mains flash environment
- How to think creatively
- 6:20pm – Doors to function room open – Please wait in Hotel Lounge until we greet you
- 6:30pm – Photography starts
- 8:00pm – Supper – included
- 8:30pm – Photography resumes
- 10:00pm – Finish
- Camera and lenses suitable for this event
- Spare Batteries and Memory Card
- Tripod – Remote Cable Release (if applicable for this event)
- A list of ideas, help, questions etc that you would like to discuss with those in your group
- Appropriate Outdoor/Wet Weather clothing (if applicable for this event)
what will happen
What better way of spending an evening than reliving the magical 70s and the crazy fashion that it produced? During this academy evening at the Holiday Inn, Ellesmere Port, we will be accompanied by model(s) dressed in various 70s fashions, giving you the opportunity capture fun and funky fashion images from the era. It doesn’t matter if you have no previous experience, we will make sure that you will spend the evening having fun and capturing eye-popping images with both off camera and studio flash.
Image Credit: Gill McGowan
what to expect at an academy evening
Academy Evenings are PERFECT for the beginner just starting out on their photographic journey.
Academy Evenings are where you will meet other Welshotters in a relaxed and informal environment – these are the best way to get to know how Welshot works and how we can help you. They are informal, relaxed and are considered a monthly social gathering for many of our Welshotters. They offer “Taster” sessions, covering many genres, to our larger, more extensive Workshops and Events.
With the help of the Welshot Team you will be given all the support, guidance and tuition that you need to help you get the best from your camera – regardless of your skill level so please join us on what promises to be a fun and creative Welshot Academy Evening.
Supper is included in the cost of this event.
Academy Evenings are “The” best way for you to do the following:
- Help you to get to know how your camera works in a variety of settings and conditions. Giving you transferable skills to use anywhere.
- Let’s you practice different sorts of genres, techniques and equipment – before you commit, a chance to see if it is for you.
- Increase your range of portfolio images, make stock images and skill level.
- Networking – Team and Fellow Welshotters are a valuable source of information, know-how, experience and contacts.
- Help you to find out more about Welshot, how we can help you with YOUR photography.
- Help us to get to know YOU better – when we know what it is YOU want and how we can help you with your photography.