24 Shots or Less Photography Challenge – Manchester Mini Module with Masterclass
Sunday 10 November 2019 @ 12:30 pm – 4:30 pm
YOU WILL LEARN
- How to use your cameras settings and functions
- What it is like to shoot using film
- How not to look at the back of your camera when you’ve taken the shot
- How to “See” and image
- How to compose your shot and get it right in camera first time
- How to make a Long Exposure image
- How to use the Exposure Triangle
- How to think creatively
- What Welshot can do for you and your photography
- 12.20pm – Meet in Castlefields – Outside Dukes 92 18 – 25 Castle St, Manchester M3 4LZ
- 12:30pm – Welcome, Information & Instructions
- 12: 55pm – Photography starts – We will be walking up towards the Manchester Town Hall area – taking photos along the way
- 1:36pm – Masterclass – How to see in Black & White
- 4:30pm – Finish
- Camera and lenses suitable for this event
- Spare Batteries and Memory Card
- A list of ideas, help, questions etc that you would like to discuss with those in your group
WHAT WILL HAPPEN
At this Welshot Photographic Academy Mini Module based in Manchester we will be meeting at the Castlefield Canal Basin and making our way towards the Manchester Town Hall area with a specific photographic challenge in mind – to capture the afternoon in 24 Shots or less. It is all about challenging yourself and your camera. By pretending you are working with film it will be about limiting yourself to 24 shots for the whole Afternoon of photography – no deletions allowed? – making sure you get it right in camera – FIRST TIME!
Game for another challenge? We will be making the suggestion that you set yourself a project (so all your images have a theme and flow) and to help you along the way, we are asking you to capture people taking photos – from fun “Selfies” to tourists capturing this iconic City.
This day will have it all – Street, Architectural and Creative Photography.
The Masterclass will be – How To See in Black & White – and you will be set a small challenge to make a series of B&W photos in your camera.
If you are brave enough – cover your digital screen and stop yourself from chimping (looking at the screen) – whatever happens, it will be fun, you will learn a thing or three to add to your photographic and technical skill base.
This event gives you the opportunity to work in a small group and is specifically designed for beginners to learn new skills and techniques.
Guaranteed One to One tuition, as well as group tuition throughout the day while taking part in a fun and friendly photo-shoot arranged by the Welshot Photographic Academy makes it a great day for you to get out and about with your camera.
Beginners are welcome and actively encouraged at Welshot with all help, guidance and support given.
Image Credit: Howard Murphy
WHAT TO EXPECT AT A WELSHOT PHOTOGRAPHIC MINI-MODULE
The Welshot Mini-Module (with Masterclasses) events are a mixture of Academy Evenings and Full Day Events – Four to five hours in length and usually outside.
They are designed so delegates can meet-up with other photographers in a safe environment in many different locations to learn how to get the best from their camera but also have the flexibility to be creative.
A variety of photographic genres will be covered, and each event will have a photo-walkabout, were you are free to roam but still feel the benefit of the Welshot guidance, support and tuition if needed as well as being in an inspiring, fun, creative, safe and secure group environment.
Each event will have a dedicated Mini-Masterclass which covers a genre usually lasting about one to two hours.
These events will range in price – from £28.00 to £50.00 for Welshot Members and some you will even be able to use your Academy Evening vouchers to book your place.
Non-Members are also welcome to attend, you just pay a little more.
It does not matter what camera you use* or what skill level you are, there will always be someone on hand to help you get the best from YOUR camera. However, if you are unsure please do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com or phone 01248719126 and we will do all we can to help you.
Please Note: Food, refreshments, travel, insurance and entrance fees (if applicable) are the responsibility of the delegate.
*Please be aware some cameras – depending on specifications and functionality may not be able to work in all situations but here at Welshot we are committed to helping you to get the very best from your camera in every situation
Welshot Photographic Academy Mini-Modules are “The” best way for you to do the following:
- Help you to get to know how your camera works in a variety of settings and conditions. Giving you transferable skills to use anywhere.
- Let’s you practice different sorts of genres, techniques and equipment – before you commit, a chance to see if it is for you.
- Increase your range of portfolio images, make stock images and skill level.
- Networking – Team and Fellow Welshotters are a valuable source of information, know-how, experience and contacts.
- Help you to find out more about Welshot, how we can help you with YOUR photography.
- Help us to get to know YOU better – when we know what it is YOU want and how we can help you with your photography.