- This event has passed.
24 Shots or Less Photography Challenge – Ellesmere Port Photographic Academy Evening
Tuesday 11 June 2019 @ 6:30 pm – 10:00 pm
YOU WILL LEARN
- How to use your camera settings and functions
- What it is like to shoot using film
- How to “See” an image
- How to compose your shot and get it right in camera first time
- How to make a Long Exposure
- How to use the Exposure Triangle
- How to think creatively
- What Welshot can do for you and your photography
- 6:20pm – Doors to function room open – Please wait in the lounge area of the main building until you are greeted
- 6:30pm – Photography starts
- 8:00pm – Supper – included
- 8:30pm – Photography resumes
- 10:00pm – Finish
- Camera and lenses suitable for this event – Standard Zoom (18 – 55mm ish) or 50mm if you prefer.
- Spare Batteries and Memory Card
- Tripod – Remote Cable Release
- A list of ideas, help, questions etc that you would like help with
- Appropriate Outdoor/Wet Weather clothing as you will be outside for most of this event
WHAT WILL HAPPEN
Tonight at the Welshot Photographic Academy Evening in the historic location of the Ellesmere Port Canal it is all about challenging yourself and your camera. By pretending you are working with film it will be about limiting yourself to 24 shots for the whole Evening of photography – no deletions allowed? – making sure you get it right in camera – FIRST TIME! If you are brave enough – cover your digital screen and stop yourself from chimping (looking at the screen) – whatever happens, it will be fun, you will learn a thing or three to add to your photographic and technical skill base.
This event is specifically designed for the beginner to learn a new skill and technique while taking part in a fun and friendly photo-shoot arranged by the Welshot Photographic Academy.
At just £28 for Welshot Academy Members (£35.00 for Non-Members) this is an affordable way to learn. Come and join us and the Welshot Team and be prepared to make and create some stunning images, learn a thing or three, have some fun and make some new friends.
Beginners are welcome and actively encouraged at Welshot with all help, guidance and support given.
Image Credit: Eifion Williams
WHAT TO EXPECT AT AN ACADEMY EVENING
Academy Evenings are PERFECT for the beginner just starting out on their photographic journey.
Academy Evenings are where you will meet other Welshotters in a relaxed and informal environment – these are the best way to get to know how Welshot works and how we can help you. They are informal, relaxed and are considered a monthly social gathering for many of our Welshotters. They offer “Taster” sessions, covering many genres, to our larger, more extensive Workshops and Events.
With the help of the Welshot Team you will be given all the support, guidance and tuition that you need to help you get the best from your camera – regardless of your skill level so please join us on what promises to be a fun and creative Welshot Academy Evening.
Supper is included in the cost of this event.
Academy Evenings are “The” best way for you to do the following:
- Help you to get to know how your camera works in a variety of settings and conditions. Giving you transferable skills to use anywhere.
- Let’s you practice different sorts of genres, techniques and equipment – before you commit, a chance to see if it is for you.
- Increase your range of portfolio images, make stock images and skill level.
- Networking – Team and Fellow Welshotters are a valuable source of information, know-how, experience and contacts.
- Help you to find out more about Welshot, how we can help you with YOUR photography.
- Help us to get to know YOU better – when we know what it is YOU want and how we can help you with your photography.